Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2014, 01:04:59 PM
Are monarch stats always random?
What about leader stats?

Another question. Since I restarted playing a few months ago, I've been moving east. I played England, France, Muscovy (almost finished). I'm thinking for the first time ever (and I'm an EU1 vet) of playing an Asian country next. Any suggestions?

yes, 2d4-2
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on December 28, 2014, 06:10:25 PM
What about leader stats?

Another question. Since I restarted playing a few months ago, I've been moving east. I played England, France, Muscovy (almost finished). I'm thinking for the first time ever (and I'm an EU1 vet) of playing an Asian country next. Any suggestions?

yes, 2d4-2
:hmm: So, his birth was a 1-in-4096 event.  Of course, his premature death was a 1-in-1 event.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on December 28, 2014, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 28, 2014, 06:10:25 PM
What about leader stats?

yes, 2d4-2
:hmm: So, his birth was a 1-in-4096 event.  Of course, his premature death was a 1-in-1 event.

Confirmation bias...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on December 28, 2014, 01:38:18 PM
In Asia, the Timurids are a lot of fun as you can form the Mughals and conquer a lot.

Agreed, the Timurids are a lot of fun to play. 

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Their ideas got worse in 1.8 or 1.9 though, so they aren't as easy as they used to be. The Mughals still have very good ideas.

Be aware that there will be a major Persian uprising after a couple of decades. You can consider to release Persia as a vassal before that.

You need either administrative or innovative as first idea set, which is hard to get if you try to conquer at the same time. You need those ideas to reform your government to get away from the steppe nomad government. This is a prerequisite to form the Mughals.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

First thing I did is release Persia.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Pretender rebels are annoying now.
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Josephus

WEll....mostly cause they keep popping up all the time I'm not at war.

Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on January 01, 2015, 10:47:34 PM
WEll....mostly cause they keep popping up all the time I'm not at war.

Get your legitimacy up then. Or, if you are a horde, go to war.

Josephus

I am a horde. And yeah I know I need to war...I also need to lick my wounds from time to time, which is why the rebels are frustrating.   :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on January 02, 2015, 09:16:32 AM
I am a horde. And yeah I know I need to war...I also need to lick my wounds from time to time, which is why the rebels are frustrating.   :lol:

run mercs, you get free re-enforcements so mercs might be affordable for you
that way you never need to lick any wounds