- Peace: Give Up Claim
- Peace: War Reparations
- Peace: Dismantle Revolution
- Abandon Idea Group.
- Marches.
- Mothballing Fleets
- HRE: Religious Focus/War Mechanic
- New Home of Revolution Mechanic
- Lots of new eventseries. (West Africa, War-related, Revolutions, 30years war)

Free
- Map overhaul
- New Rebelmechanics
- Autonomy system
- Rebels crossing water
- Reformation changes.
- Cardinal changes
- Lots of interface improvements.
- LOTS of gamebalance tweaks&fixes.
- 100 new DHEs for rotw countries.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I find this too confusing.  I wish they just stuck with the EU3 system.  This current system will result in way too many different games all called EU4.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2014, 10:37:34 AM
I find this too confusing.  I wish they just stuck with the EU3 system.  This current system will result in way too many different games all called EU4.

Well it is more of a DLC model like say the Sims.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

If you still only need 5 provinces to make a Colonial Nation, those are gonna be some shit weak CNs because of the massive increase in provinces.

garbon

I believe they noted that they didn't add additional colonial regions (at least for eastern seaboard) with stated aim of making colonial nations stronger.

garbon

Glad to see that Western Europe trade node is gone.

Provinces added in South America, of course, look over the top. :D

As are the 8 new cultures in Tatar group.

Viking

Quote1.8 Patchnotes - Paid & Free New Features
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤ Paid Features from Art of War

- It's now possible to declare a "support rebels"-war against a country that you're supporting rebels in.
- It's now possible to set an allied in war to prioritise sieging a specific province.
- It's now possible to set the military focus for your subjects to be Aggressive, Supportive or None, which changes what tactics they will use during war.
- You can now mothball fleets, which means they will cost less maintainance, but slowly detoriate in the port.
- You can now designate your vassal into a march They will no longer pay tax to you and you can't annex them, but they will get bonuses in warfare.
- It's now possible to use your subjects CB/Wargoals when declaring a war.
- Units with names edited by player are now tagged as custom-named, and will take priority when merging.
- Added Client States mechanics, where you can now create new custom vassals, decide their name, flag & color, and assign them territory as soon as you reach a certain tech level.
- You can now sell ships to other nations.
- It is now possible to transfer control of a province to someone you are allied with in a war.
- Added peace option "Give up claims" that forces the enemy to give up all their claims on you.
- Added peace option "War Reparations" that forces the enemy to pay a fraction of their income to you each month for 10 years.
- Added the possibility to upgrade fleets in one click if you can afford it.
- Garrisons can now sortie from their fortress against a besieging force.
- Added the option to abandon your foreign cores for a one-time prestige cost.
- Added abandon idea group functionality, where you can change your countries setup for the future.
- You can now toggle your fleets to let your allies & subjects load armies on them.
- The Holy Roman Empire now have a mechanics for internal religious wars, including leagues for Catholics and Protestants that fight over the faith of the Empire.
- Implemented a new Unit Builder, where you can build entire new armies or fleets in one click.
- Over 25 flavor events for playing in West Africa.
- 50 events related to the Thirty Years War.

¤ Free stuff

###################
# New Features
###################
- The map now have 45% more detail, adding over 900 new provinces, with the vast majority of them making sure the rest of the world is as detailed as Europe.
- Severe optimisations on the game, to have it run basically the same as 17 with all the new provinces and countries added
- Three new tradegoods added: Silk, Dyes & Tropical Wood
- Added Support for compressed save games.
- Rebels no longer revolt in individual provinces. Instead of revolt risk, provinces now have Unrest and each province belongs to a particular rebel faction. When provinces have unrest, that rebel faction will gain progress towards a revolt based on the amount of unrest, and will revolt in one or more consolidated armies upon progress hitting 100%.
- Accepting rebel demands is now always the same as rebels enforcing their demands.
- Provinces now have local autonomy. Local autonomy reduces the income, manpower, force limits, and trade power provided by a province, and also lowers the cost of taking that province in a peace dela. Local autonomy is gained on conquest. Local autonomy can now be reduced or increased every 30 years resulting in increased or lowered revolt risk.
- Overseas provinces now have a minimum autonomy of 75% instead of the 'distant overseas' penalty.
- All colonized provinces now have a minimum autonomy of 50%.
- The Protestant and Reformed religions now have Centers of Reformation in certain provinces that convert nearby Catholic provinces to their religion. Centers of Reformation are awarded to the country where the religion is founded and the first two other countries to convert to that faith, and replace the old province events that spread those religion. Centers of Reformation are removed if their province is converted to another faith.
- The College of Cardinals system has been replaced with a system where cardinals are based in provinces and new ones are created once per year in rich Catholic European provinces. Each Cardinal gives some Papal Influence which can either be spent on special 'Papal Actions' that grant bonuses and resources to your country, or invested towards becoming the Papal Controller when a new Pope is elected.
- The Supply and Demand pricing system has been replaced with a system where each resource has a base price that can be modified by various major events, such as the Triangle Trade driving up the price of slaves and the Grand Banks Fisheries lowering the price of fish.
- The tradenode setup have been severly overhauled, with lots of new tradenodes.
- Leader assignment has been improved Leaders that are already assigned will show up in the list of available leaders in other units Those leaders can be assigned to those units, which cause them to be removed from their old units
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

- It's now possible to set an allied in war to prioritise sieging a specific province.

this actually works slowly but it does work. If you have multiple vassals or allies in a war with you you can use this to manage their movements and make sure that the right ally takes the province you wish to give to them. Countries (including your CN's and vassals) will keep their own claims and cores during a war.

- You can now mothball fleets, which means they will cost less maintainance, but slowly detoriate in the port.

this an awesome feature. Mostly used to mothball the expensive heavy ships during peace. I keep hoping they do this for land armies as well so that small wars can be fought at 100% morale.

- It's now possible to use your subjects CB/Wargoals when declaring a war.

this works as it says on the tin. Makes intentional colonial wars more frequent

- Units with names edited by player are now tagged as custom-named, and will take priority when merging.

this is actually surprisingly useful, especially when you are rebuilding fleets or combining detached segments from sieges or blockades.

- Added the possibility to upgrade fleets in one click if you can afford it.

this save a lot of time and energy, rather than scrapping and building 100 ships, you just save up 2000 ducats and then upgrade your 100 LS trading fleet.

- Garrisons can now sortie from their fortress against a besieging force.

to me this has mostly proven useful in delaying an escaping force for a few days so my army can catch it. Also, sorties do not get terrain penalty despite attacking. I'll have to try this out with some high quality country that gets carpet sieged by low quality invaders.

- Added the option to abandon your foreign cores for a one-time prestige cost.

note, this is the same prestige cost as you get when they expire. So if you don't want the land back, do this, or you will bleed prestige

- Implemented a new Unit Builder, where you can build entire new armies or fleets in one click.

So far I've used this to build standard corps or as part of some mass buiding program e.g. 50 gallys per click. I once started a 1000 ship building program in an mp game. It would have taken me almost 15 minutes just to do all the clicking. Now, easy.

- Three new tradegoods added: Silk, Dyes & Tropical Wood

Tropical wood gives a 10% monarch point cost reduction in building cost. It's worth fighting wars over.

- Accepting rebel demands is now always the same as rebels enforcing their demands.

This is probably the best feature in the game. It will be worth losing wars if you are having nationalist rebels that you can't put down. Countries return from the dead much much more often AND provinces keep nationalism and therefore don't get culture converted much more often.

- Provinces now have local autonomy. Local autonomy reduces the income, manpower, force limits, and trade power provided by a province, and also lowers the cost of taking that province in a peace dela. Local autonomy is gained on conquest. Local autonomy can now be reduced or increased every 30 years resulting in increased or lowered revolt risk.

The consequence here is that disorder and conquest means that a region will produce little of value to the state for a long time after that disorder. In effect the conqueror is not stronger after the conquest, the conqueror is first strong decades after the conquest. Also, don't think this was mentioned but it should be obvious, given that autonomy is going to be used for overseas reductions that autonomy affects force limits from base tax too.

- The College of Cardinals system has been replaced with a system where cardinals are based in provinces and new ones are created once per year in rich Catholic European provinces. Each Cardinal gives some Papal Influence which can either be spent on special 'Papal Actions' that grant bonuses and resources to your country, or invested towards becoming the Papal Controller when a new Pope is elected.

It is now worth while staying catholic since any catholic country with 7 rich provinces can get up to 7 cardinals. The papal actions are also pretty cool (money, stability, prestige, legitimacy or whatever you need at the time).

- Leader assignment has been improved Leaders that are already assigned will show up in the list of available leaders in other units Those leaders can be assigned to those units, which cause them to be removed from their old units

still leader teleportation, but reduces the numbers of clicks needed to replace a leader

As for trade
St Lawrence now forwards to North Sea and Bordeaux
Chesapeake now forwards to Channel
Carribean now forwards to Chesapeake, Bordeaux and Seville
Ivory Coast now forwards to Channel, Bordeaux and Seville

so WETN is sort of alive now in Ivory Coast. The downstream trade power contributions are now such that having a single province in a trade node will make it worth while to send a merchant there if you can forward from that node.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zanza

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2014, 10:37:34 AM
It's pretty straightforward if you just buy all the DLCs with new game mechanics. The rest is just fluff (3D models, music).

KRonn

I'm thinking of getting this game. It's been a long time since I played an EU game. I may get the Steam version with all the mods and DLCs. Haven't decided yet, or to get the basic game and pick out some upgrades. But I've browsed the upgrades and they seem to add a lot to the game, so I may just get the package with all of them to start out with.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on October 28, 2014, 08:29:30 AM
Info

Hmm...this is actually starting to sound really good to me.

Once I get boared of playing Vicky I'll pick this up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Some more really neat stuff in the full patch notes. Glad to see too that player will no longer be spammed by colonial election events - CNs just do on their won.

garbon

Also  AI "Will no longer have a penalty to joining wars that have been going on for over 60 days" :o

garbon

I just saw OHGamer posting in Eu4 forum with a signature that says "2014 will hopefully allow me to be more active with Paradox games than the last few years"

:(