And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Viking on October 18, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 08:16:59 AM
As was noted on forum, this seems like one the silliest ways of slowing colonization.

Well it's probably the only way of slowing it down without changing mechanics.

Which paradox can do. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 18, 2014, 10:14:15 AM
Why can't they just make it so you need much more populated coastal provinces before you get to the inland ones.
That's the big problem I have with colonisation. Easy enough to get to 1000 people but you never grow much beyond that

Because they moved away from population in EU4? You don't really see population once something is a city.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Oops, misremembering the game.
Colonisation in EU4 hasn't interested me at all.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 12:02:44 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 18, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 08:16:59 AM
As was noted on forum, this seems like one the silliest ways of slowing colonization.

Well it's probably the only way of slowing it down without changing mechanics.

Which paradox can do. :huh:

Yes they can. But they choose not to, at least in this expansion.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Thanks for pointing out the obvious? :huh:

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 12:54:28 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious? :huh:

Right now I'm Lt. Obvious, I'm bucking for a promotion to Captain.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on October 03, 2014, 10:08:56 AM
That's okay, I never went for a world conquest anyway. But if I can't conquer India in a timely fashion as the Mughals or the Middle East as the Ottomans because they added a shitload of useless provinces, I will not enjoy the game as much as before.

The Mughals never actually succeeded in conquering India though...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2014, 01:02:59 PM
Quote from: Zanza on October 03, 2014, 10:08:56 AM
That's okay, I never went for a world conquest anyway. But if I can't conquer India in a timely fashion as the Mughals or the Middle East as the Ottomans because they added a shitload of useless provinces, I will not enjoy the game as much as before.

The Mughals never actually succeeded in conquering India though...

Looks pretty successful to me. Granted it wasn't lasting.

Valmy

The Empire was founded in 1520 or so and they nearly accomplished full conquest by 1707 before collapsing.  Hardly conquest in a timely fashion  :P

The Ottomans though pretty much conquered the Sunni world in less than a decade under Selim, which EU games have always been really bad at recreating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2014, 01:26:24 PM
The Empire was founded in 1520 or so and they nearly accomplished full conquest by 1707 before collapsing.  Hardly conquest in a timely fashion  :P

Less than 200 years besides that portion shown in pink was all gained in what - about 50-60 years? Recall that Babur's son Humayun lost everything (fled to Persia) and didn't retake his capital till 1555ish. Probably can't really even do that with new map + truce times.

garbon

Actually what I remembering being the most annoying was how Mughals get all of their claims at once. Was impossible to take them all before they expired.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 01:51:42 PM
Actually what I remembering being the most annoying was how Mughals get all of their claims at once. Was impossible to take them all before they expired.

:yes:

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 01:51:42 PM

Thats a problem in the case of Russia, Ottomans and Germany.

garbon

:huh:

They've released a national idea group for Air? I'm assuming with all these country idea groups that they are now moving to have all nations have their own ideas, if that polity gets one.

QuoteNational Ideagroups - 19th of October D - Air
Air

Traditions:
-10% Land Attrition
+25 Merchant Steering to Inland
Taghlamt: +10% Trade Income
Cross of Agades: +15% Land Morale
Legacy of Tin Hinan: +1 Legitimacy
Blue People: +1 Prestige
Inadan Castes: +10% Production Efficiency
Nomadic Traditions: +1 Leader Land Manuever
Ineslemen Teachings: +1 Missionary Strength

Ambition
+1 Leader Land Shock

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2014, 04:01:10 PM
:huh:

They've released a national idea group for Air? I'm assuming with all these country idea groups that they are now moving to have all nations have their own ideas, if that polity gets one.

QuoteNational Ideagroups - 19th of October D - Air
Air

Traditions:
-10% Land Attrition
+25 Merchant Steering to Inland
Taghlamt: +10% Trade Income
Cross of Agades: +15% Land Morale
Legacy of Tin Hinan: +1 Legitimacy
Blue People: +1 Prestige
Inadan Castes: +10% Production Efficiency
Nomadic Traditions: +1 Leader Land Manuever
Ineslemen Teachings: +1 Missionary Strength

Ambition
+1 Leader Land Shock

Just wait for it when the Air Nomad Traditions have to face up to the Fire Nation attacking.