News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I wonder if there are any other, not yet mentioned, Napoleonic mechanics. So far only mechanic is - client states. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I decided to start a game as Switzerland.
It has worked out unusual. The AIs have been very blobby. Spain has the bottom half of Italy and France is stretching out into Savoy and the low countries, I've managed to get the Rhein and northern Italy.
But I think its game over now, France is just too tough, can't beat them at all even when I outnumber them and am defending in the mountains. :(
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

I really wish they didn't railroad the Burgundian succession like they did.  The vast majority of the time, Austria gets the Netherlands, only to be unable to defend it from France.  That gives an already very powerful France even more power.

Zanza

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on October 13, 2014, 02:00:49 PM
AoW will be 20 Euro/Dollar.

Hopefully it'll be released with time enough for it have a Christmas steam sale.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2014, 02:57:51 PM
I decided to start a game as Switzerland.
It has worked out unusual. The AIs have been very blobby. Spain has the bottom half of Italy and France is stretching out into Savoy and the low countries, I've managed to get the Rhein and northern Italy.
But I think its game over now, France is just too tough, can't beat them at all even when I outnumber them and am defending in the mountains. :(
Seems rather historical.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Wow, they have really gone crazy. North Carolina now has 7 provinces, same for Georgia. Florida looks to have 8!

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2014, 07:32:21 AM
Wow, they have really gone crazy. North Carolina now has 7 provinces, same for Georgia. Florida looks to have 8!

I suppose that is one way to slow down colonization.

DGuller

That's just silly.  Even if they make every province have a base tax of 1, it would still result in a disproportionate for the times economic power of North America.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 17, 2014, 09:23:50 AM
That's just silly.  Even if they make every province have a base tax of 1, it would still result in a disproportionate for the times economic power of North America.

Apparently all of the Americas are getting a lot of provinces. There are 15 provinces that will be held across a collection of Mayan city states and core Aztec area to conquer has something like 28. Cuba is now 6 provinces and they noted that while there used to be 6 provinces between Guatemala and Panama, there are now 13.

Presumably South America will follow suit, especially as early screens indicated there will be new natives in Brazil/Argentina.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2014, 09:33:49 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 17, 2014, 09:23:50 AM

Apparently all of the Americas are getting a lot of provinces. There are 15 provinces that will be held across a collection of Mayan city states and core Aztec area to conquer has something like 28. Cuba is now 6 provinces and they noted that while there used to be 6 provinces between Guatemala and Panama, there are now 13.

Presumably South America will follow suit, especially as early screens indicated there will be new natives in Brazil/Argentina.

Lot of provinces everywhere and mexico and peru now had lots of 2-5 province countries. In pre-AoW vanilla colonization ends about 1700.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

As was noted on forum, this seems like one the silliest ways of slowing colonization.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2014, 08:16:59 AM
As was noted on forum, this seems like one the silliest ways of slowing colonization.

Well it's probably the only way of slowing it down without changing mechanics.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Why can't they just make it so you need much more populated coastal provinces before you get to the inland ones.
That's the big problem I have with colonisation. Easy enough to get to 1000 people but you never grow much beyond that
██████
██████
██████