News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

QuoteDeclare war in Support of Rebels
If you are declaring war on a nation, you can now declare war in support of a rebel faction that you are supporting inside that country. If you do this, you are committed to supporting the rebels for as long as the war lasts. If you use this "support rebels" casus belli, then you have the possibility to enforce the rebels demands on the defeated enemy.

Fight for your Subjects
In an earlier dev diary, we explored a few of the new things you could do with your vassals. Furthering that theme, you can now fight for your subjects' casus bellis. So if for example, if your vassal has a claim on a border province, you can now declare war on behalf of your vassal using that CB.
That sounds like it could be exploited to bring down empires fast. Support some nationalist rebels so they regain a few provinces, vassalize them, conquer their remaining provinces, annex. Will be interesting to see it in action.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2014, 08:55:13 AM
Declare war in Support of Rebels
If you are declaring war on a nation, you can now declare war in support of a rebel faction that you are supporting inside that country. If you do this, you are committed to supporting the rebels for as long as the war lasts. If you use this "support rebels" casus belli, then you have the possibility to enforce the rebels demands on the defeated enemy.
:rolleyes: Did such a thing ever happen in real life?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 19, 2014, 12:16:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2014, 08:55:13 AM
Declare war in Support of Rebels
:rolleyes: Did such a thing ever happen in real life?

I guess Philip II's support of the Catholic League? Though I think the only official declaration came from France against Spain - though Spain already had had Spanish troops on the ground.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Here's a post from someone really excited about the new expansion. Somehow, I'm managing to contain my enthusiasm. :mellow:

QuoteMesoamerica and South America went from 4 nations and one joke into, if I remember correctly, THIRTY SEVEN nations

West Africa has like 3x more countries

Epic land connections between West Africa, East Africa and Tripoli while deleting idiotic Spanish colonization in Mauretania will improve Africa soo much

New countries in the Eastern Africa (was it Makuria south from Mamluks?)

A lot of new provinces in Persia and India, finally expanded Caucasus

Greatly improved South-East Asia with many new provinces, division of Indonesia

A lot of new provinces in China and Korea, Manchu Hordes, new mechanisms

And my biggest shock: SIBERIAN NATONS. I am not talking about Mongol Hordes but about Kamchatka (!) and few other nations in Eastern Siberia (!!). Not sure if it is 100% realistic they are organised states but it is surely awesome.

Also, garrisons can now SORTIE. Devs didn't say anything about that, but we have seen 'sortie' garrison button and it is enough for me to be excited - so many new tactical options... And finally the ability to get rid of pointless 1 - 2k 'sieges'.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

garbon

That said if P'dox handles right - Mesoamerica/South America shouldn't be such a problem. I've added in several more states and fairly consistently Aztecs and Incas manage to dominate their neighbors before Europeans arrive.

Josquius

Hmm... I'm unsure. In my experience having nations that can be conquered only speeds expansion into areas... Which is not what we want. We want colonies in shitty provinces with -50 population growth being a constant drain on the idiots trying to grab Africa
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2014, 12:35:44 PM
Hmm... I'm unsure. In my experience having nations that can be conquered only speeds expansion into areas... Which is not what we want. We want colonies in shitty provinces with -50 population growth being a constant drain on the idiots trying to grab Africa

Well presumably this will have something to do with the new autonomy mechanism which represents local autonomy in held provinces. I don't know if they've said a great deal on how that works or not.

Razgovory

I was worried about Kamchatka not being represented.  Now I can rest at ease.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2014, 03:52:28 PM
I was worried about Kamchatka not being represented.  Now I can rest at ease.

:D

Zoupa

The siberian thing sounds quite dumb. They need to add more stuff to do within your borders while at peace instead of adding more worthless provinces and tags to regions very very few people play in.

garbon

It does look like with new provinces - they went overboard with inconsequential states. Actually they even just threw in lots of inconsequential tribes as those far eastern Russia tags show (I saw another screen that showed added random tribes in Brazil and Argentina...).

DGuller

Sounds like the modders broke the Paradox government and took over.  :( 

The one thing I dislike about most any mod, for any game, is that no one involved ever says no to a feature.  Unfortunately, part of creating a good gaming experience is saying no to features that add complication without adding significant value.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2014, 05:51:22 PM
Sounds like the modders broke the Paradox government and took over.  :( 

Truth.

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2014, 05:51:22 PM
The one thing I dislike about most any mod, for any game, is that no one involved ever says no to a feature.  Unfortunately, part of creating a good gaming experience is saying no to features that add complication without adding significant value.

Hey now when I was a modder, I said no all the time.

Zanza

Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2014, 04:55:03 PM
The siberian thing sounds quite dumb. They need to add more stuff to do within your borders while at peace instead of adding more worthless provinces and tags to regions very very few people play in.
This.