News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 03, 2014, 10:07:21 PM
I just tried to play the American Dream scenario as Great Britain.  Wow.  That was incredibly awful.  I lost all desire to even attempt to play EUIV for a loooong time off of that short experience. :bleeding:
Why, what happened?

chipwich

He didn't get the annual income he was promised.

Valmy

I just tried to play the American Dream scenario as Great Britain.  Wow.  That was incredibly awful.  I lost all desire to even attempt to play EUIV for a loooong time off of that short experience. :bleeding:

You let George Washington escape Long Island didn't you?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2014, 10:15:21 PM
Why, what happened?
Insanely large American armies with seemingly limitless manpower.  I was hoping for something vaguely historical and was rewarded with... awfulness.  The worst part was that Benedict Arnold kept kicking my ass. :lol: :face:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DGuller

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 04, 2014, 05:31:31 PM
Insanely large American armies with seemingly limitless manpower.  I was hoping for something vaguely historical and was rewarded with... awfulness.  The worst part was that Benedict Arnold kept kicking my ass. :lol: :face:
If they modeled it faithfully, it would be a never-ending ping-pong culminating in a lucky stackwipe.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2014, 06:08:26 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 04, 2014, 05:31:31 PM
If they modeled it faithfully, it would be a never-ending ping-pong culminating in a lucky stackwipe.
More fun than massive initial American armies, no British armies within range to make a legit '76 NYC invasion, endless back country armies for the Americans, and endless manpower and money apparently.  I'm pretty sure I killed at least 150k American soldiers and still had more to wipe out when I said fuck it and quit around 1780 or '81.  Add in endless desire by the West Indies and Newfoundland for independence and constant rebellions of massive stacks in India, and you have an impossible effort even without a French intervention.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

We did have unlimited money, we bankrupted the French after all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Another expansion will be announced tomorrow. They're really moving along with these things.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

chipwich

Played my first Ironman game today and managed to ragequit as France. Got peaseants war + Burgungy-Castille-Austria-Venice enemy alliance. Did things I'd never thought i'd do, like negotiate with rebels and go bankrupt.

garbon

So here's what EUIV is getting:

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/europa-universalis-iv-the-art-of-war-dlc-revealed
QuoteAs pre-trailed by Paradox, the company has revealed a new upcoming expansion for Europa Universalis IV. It's called The Art of War, which gives something of a clue as to what kind of additional features it may contain.

It didn't get a huge amount of stage time, but there was enough to give a sense of what the DLC will contain. The third full expansion for Europa Universalis IV will focus on the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) and the Napoleonic era. You'll be able to get stuck into the Reformation and/or (if you prefer) the Counter-Reformation period too.

There will be "loads of new features," including the Army Customisation Tool that will apparently allow you to create historical armies with a single click. The expansion will, says Paradox, help you to "bring out your inner Prussian." This may or may not be a good thing.

As with all of Paradox's grand strategy expansions, The Art of War will be accompanied by a large (and free) update patch that will bring additional fixes and changes to the game for those who don't buy the DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Syt

Didn't they say that the next EU4 expansion would be "their biggest expansion yet?" Color me skeptical.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Ive been playing for about 3 weeks and am already getting bored.

The random events are terrible. There's not much to do when not at war.

It feels very generic overall

garbon

Quote from: Syt on August 15, 2014, 12:12:09 AM
Didn't they say that the next EU4 expansion would be "their biggest expansion yet?" Color me skeptical.

Yeah, I am wondering if that was meant actually for CK2. Though to actually get something like the 30YW and Napoleonic wars (and not simply the weak sauce that was Napoleon's Ambition for Eu3), they would need to modify quite a lot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on August 15, 2014, 04:24:46 AM
The random events are terrible. There's not much to do when not at war.

Weren't both of those true of EU3 (/really most of the series)?

That said yes, on the forums there had been a lot of agitation for things to do in peace so many seem dismayed that p'dox is offering up a dlc focused on war.