News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on January 29, 2014, 07:22:58 PM
Not sure I like the whole subject colonies thing at all.

Yeah, I have come to that conclusion myself.  It feels like the game is broken now.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

I'm delighted to see that the x.x.x.1 beta patch list is huge and counts these:
Quote- Fixed several spelling errors in NEWCOLONIALCOUNTRY_5
- Reformation (and Calvinism) now only happens in Europe.

Nothing about generated map improvements, though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Solmyr on January 30, 2014, 05:43:42 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?751689-MOD-CoP-Haftetavenscrap-s-Realistic-Map-Generator

Mod that generates a random world map based on plate tectonics and stuff. Screenies look very nice.

Just tried it and I'm very impressed. Paradox' map seems like child's play compared to this.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

It does look pretty nice from the various screenshots.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So how are you suppose to colonise inland provinces when your colonial subject country blocks the provinces?

Viking

Quote from: Liep on February 04, 2014, 07:59:28 PM
So how are you suppose to colonise inland provinces when your colonial subject country blocks the provinces?

you can colonize when they have adjecent cores
if they just conquered the land form indians and haven't cored yet you can't. Basically, you need to trace a line across cores to a port and then from that port to your capital over cores.

In a MP game burgundy tried to colonize but couldn't despite having range. Once he figured out his capital was surrounded by france and thus could not be traced to he could colonize.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Quote from: Viking on February 05, 2014, 12:00:17 AM

if they just conquered the land form indians and haven't cored yet you can't. Basically, you need to trace a line across cores to a port and then from that port to your capital over cores.

It was adjacent, and I couldn't. Now I can't colonize a port province even though it's right next to my colonial nation and says I'm 93 from my closest port and colonial range is 450+.

Shelved until patch.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on February 05, 2014, 08:29:19 PM
Quote from: Viking on February 05, 2014, 12:00:17 AM

It was adjacent, and I couldn't. Now I can't colonize a port province even though it's right next to my colonial nation and says I'm 93 from my closest port and colonial range is 450+.

Shelved until patch.

yes, sometimes that happens with generated maps I think
it has been reported, and will be fixed in a patch..
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on February 11, 2014, 03:09:55 PM
Oh my God, Denmark sucks. 

Sadly, yes. I haven't seen Denmark survive to see the 16th century yet. :(

Zanza

At least in earlier patches, you could just annex Holstein, get Ösel or so, then you would be big enough to integrate Norway and could afterwards integrate Sweden. By 1500 you would be a unified Scandinavia and could rival other great powers. Even the AI did that somewhat frequently.

Queequeg

They can form Scandinavia but all their bonuses are to stability or light ship combat ability.  It's fucking awful. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

It's especially annoying because they are one of the two or three best starts in CK2.  They have a naturally interesting position, especially with the Kalmar Union set up.

garbon

Your complaint sounds a little odd. Do we want Denmark easily bestriding the world like a colossus in EU period?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.