News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Yeah, if you can see the whole map on game start, that would take away the whole feel of it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Pretty sure they said it would be hidden.

Anyway from what I read looks like they are just giving you one land mass, no North America vs. South America and now Caribbean-like formations. Meh.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2014, 10:38:10 AM

Anyway from what I read looks like they are just giving you one land mass, no North America vs. South America and now Caribbean-like formations. Meh.

my understanding is that everything is possible from a "pangea" to archipelagos. Johan claimed there are billions of possible outcomes. Will see.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2014, 10:47:00 AM

my understanding is that everything is possible from a "pangea" to archipelagos. Johan claimed there are billions of possible outcomes. Will see.

That would be interesting to play.

Queequeg

Would Australia be randomized as well?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

I think vassal feeding was one of the biggest fucking exploits. They pretty much eliminated it, apparently, with this patch.

Is there a QQ thread on Paradox about this? You bet.

Josephus

Can someone please explain vassal feeding to me? Keep hearing about it
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

hmmm...steam seems to go down as it was downloading patch......wonder if that's gonna cause a problem. :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2014, 06:31:54 PM
I think vassal feeding was one of the biggest fucking exploits. They pretty much eliminated it, apparently, with this patch.

In the primi3 game I just forcefully vassalized player scotland. Feeding him isn't a problem, he even accepts wrong culture non-adjecent provinces :)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2014, 10:47:00 AM

There does appear from the forum to be greater variation than I feared. :) Well apart from the often clumped natives states.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2014, 07:02:33 PM
Can someone please explain vassal feeding to me? Keep hearing about it

You would give your vassal conquered territory so that when you annexed the vassal you would essentially get free cores.  It was a huge exploit.  So much so that many players came to rely upon it as their main method of expansion.

Zanza

Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

In the primi3 game I just forcefully vassalized player scotland. Feeding him isn't a problem, he even accepts wrong culture non-adjecent provinces :)
Good for you and the other 1% of players that play MP.

Anatron

Sooner or later that will lead to an interesting war with France or Spain.
Anyway I like the new WE node.At least there will be real trade wars from now on.To control the WE nod you must have the most ships.I am sure time after time there will be wars between the colonial powers where the wargoal will be to destroy the enemy trade fleet.

Anatron

Quote from: Zanza on January 15, 2014, 12:58:51 PM

Good for you and the other 1% of players that play MP.

Whats your problem with SP?Can not be an ultimate empire from now on?
At least the SP will have some challenge from now on.To be honest I felt the colonial gameplay too easy (an 8 year old could handle a spain).
From now the colonial powers will be more realistic.If you grow to big you could loose everything.
Check the real history what happened with the Spainsh Empire or Rome.If an empire become too big it will destroy itself.