News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Jesus Fucking Christ, Johan, can you just post ONE 1.4 change log?

1.4 - Diplomacy Changes
1.4 - Military Changes
1.4 - Colonial Changes
1.4 - Paradox Staff Sex Changes

Phillip V

Kleves

The new expansion going to be any good?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josephus

the new XP is just random America and new tribes, right? Not sure I'd bother...but the patch seems interesting enough...seems like I'll have to unlearn everything I learned.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Are colonial nations part of the exp?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2014, 10:12:59 PM
Are colonial nations part of the exp?
There's the whole colonial company business. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Looks like they didn't make many changes to the map generation from a visual perspective.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2014, 11:19:10 AM
Looks like they didn't make many changes to the map generation from a visual perspective.
Yes, really disappointing. :(

garbon

Unless I'm missing something - this expansion looks like a "wait till on sale".

Fireblade

Jesus, the Indian tribes all have awesome national ideas.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2014, 11:19:10 AM

From the new video development diary it doesn't look that good, no. And it seems that there's permanent terra incognita in random places as well, so that it doesn't make sense where it's possible to colonise.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Crazy_Ivan80

that devdiary is an old one as it still mentions the december release date

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

As long as the landmasses are not entirely horrible, I will be content.

As Johan mentioned in that dev diary, true historical gameplay is not knowing the layout of the Americas.

Josquius

I hope in their Americas generation they keep it totally hidden on the game start overview.
And have a 2% chance of nothing but sea generating. Columbus lost at sea, lolz.
██████
██████
██████