Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 20, 2013, 06:59:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 07:14:25 PM
Anatron, you are a sub, so I'll assert that this is all in the strictest confidentiality when it comes to other participants in the game.

You guys realize this is all publicly viewable right?

Anyways, none of this matters since the whole thing fell apart. Austria and Cologne had a falling out. Austria went and made  deal with Poland to fight the Ottomans.

So the polish player decided as his goal to capture Constantinapole.

I think killing the turks is a big mistake Poland point of view.The Turks could be a good counter power for Austria,what is becoming a real threat for Poland now.
If I were Poland I rather looked for allys against the HRE and go for Wien trade nodes.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 21, 2013, 04:14:14 AM
Quote from: Viking on November 20, 2013, 06:59:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 07:14:25 PM
Anatron, you are a sub, so I'll assert that this is all in the strictest confidentiality when it comes to other participants in the game.

You guys realize this is all publicly viewable right?

Anyways, none of this matters since the whole thing fell apart. Austria and Cologne had a falling out. Austria went and made  deal with Poland to fight the Ottomans.

So the polish player decided as his goal to capture Constantinapole.

I think killing the turks is a big mistake Poland point of view.The Turks could be a good counter power for Austria,what is becoming a real threat for Poland now.
If I were Poland I rather looked for allys against the HRE and go for Wien trade nodes.

Now the survival of england depends on the turk getting his fellow mooselimbs to join up in the great jihad on austria and poland so me, france and cologne can take on sweden, burgundy and tuscany. Else, I'll just have to let england die and focus on killing tuscany.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Anatron

Viking

Soo.. rather than wait..

Austria, Burgundy and Tuscany attacked France. I want to point out that Anatron was subbing as Burgundy. I hope you did the decent thing and didn't narc my plan out to the opponents.

My spain joined the french. We then brought in porgugal and england who attacked sweden.. expecting to get cologne to join.

Cologne did join, but on the other side. At that point Sweden offered to change sides if we stopped defending england.. which we agreed, since we were being pushed accross the pyrenees at the time.

Sweden joined, spain funded mass merc buys among her allies. And eventually the session ended (after starting almost immediately with a war) with tuscany fully occupied, england slightly smaller (english patriots did recover quite a bit of land during the blocade on sweden), austria's army beaten, burgundy half occupied, with cologne still untouched. Austria wants to end the war, but we are making harsh demands. It was a full session war ffs with backstabbing and everything.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2013, 10:46:35 AM
Soo.. rather than wait..

Austria, Burgundy and Tuscany attacked France. I want to point out that Anatron was subbing as Burgundy. I hope you did the decent thing and didn't narc my plan out to the opponents.

My spain joined the french. We then brought in porgugal and england who attacked sweden.. expecting to get cologne to join.

Cologne did join, but on the other side. At that point Sweden offered to change sides if we stopped defending england.. which we agreed, since we were being pushed accross the pyrenees at the time.

Sweden joined, spain funded mass merc buys among her allies. And eventually the session ended (after starting almost immediately with a war) with tuscany fully occupied, england slightly smaller (english patriots did recover quite a bit of land during the blocade on sweden), austria's army beaten, burgundy half occupied, with cologne still untouched. Austria wants to end the war, but we are making harsh demands. It was a full session war ffs with backstabbing and everything.

Nope,i dont even remember you plans.Considering you have many. I was just joined to the war when Austria called me.We could win this war if the swedish vikings not backstabe us.Half of France was occupied when the swedesh troops attacked the north HRE.That decided everything.

I dont like how sweden affects the game in eu4.

Viking

Well, take it up with Johan...

I want to point out that sweden also won the war for you guys too, before switching sides after seeing that cologne joined your side.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2013, 11:44:49 AM

I want to point out that sweden also won the war for you guys too, before switching sides after seeing that cologne joined your side.

Yes that true,Burgundy is not focused enough on military ideas.
Also the difference between the regular and mercenary troops are huge on the battlefield.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 23, 2013, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2013, 11:44:49 AM

Yes that true,Burgundy is not focused enough on military ideas.
Also the difference between the regular and mercenary troops are huge on the battlefield.

No, burgundy didn't manage to get any military quality ideas. He took quantity, so, he has a huge army.

DGuller

It is?  I thought that if your troops had the same type, the only difference was the cost.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2013, 02:32:17 PM
It is?  I thought that if your troops had the same type, the only difference was the cost.

it's not, it mainly has something to do with regiments running out of manpower.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2013, 02:38:41 PM

Which difference is not the difference?  My impression is that mercenaries come with their own manpower, but cost more, and don't auto-upgrade.  Am I correct?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2013, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2013, 02:38:41 PM

Which difference is not the difference?  My impression is that mercenaries come with their own manpower, but cost more, and don't auto-upgrade.  Am I correct?

yes you are. They don't run out of manpower

Perhaps he got that impression because his mercs were of worse kinds than his standard.

He said my early army was super strong. I agree, at that time I had full strength infantry regiments. Later I has running between 300 and 800 regiment strength. I upgraded to Highlanders during the war, but by then I only had mercs in my front rank and they were mostly mauricians, charge and gustavian infantry. I also improved my leadership from a 3.3.2.1 to a 4.5.3.2. My early army was 120k strong, my later war army was max 80k.

Anatron

Nope.The mercenary troops are stronger then the normal ones.