Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 16, 2013, 10:14:34 AM
Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 10:10:04 AM
Wow the swedish player in today MP is awsome.
He will annex GB in next session.
How did he be awesome.

He has twice now managed to land large armies in britain, despite being outnumbered at sea. Now france is trying to join the dissection. Meanwhile we were having massive naval battles with 400 ships total involved in malaya. The interesting thing this session were the wholesale re-arrangement of alliances. I'm still a bit confused about who is allied to whom.

That will change soon.I think Poland will drop the alliance with Sweden and go for Denmark.I would do that.Poland can beat Sweden in land battles,while GB stil can defeat swedish ships.
So the game is not over I think.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 11:26:03 AM
How did he be awesome.

He has twice now managed to land large armies in britain, despite being outnumbered at sea. Now france is trying to join the dissection. Meanwhile we were having massive naval battles with 400 ships total involved in malaya. The interesting thing this session were the wholesale re-arrangement of alliances. I'm still a bit confused about who is allied to whom.

That will change soon.I think Poland will drop the alliance with Sweden and go for Denmark.I would do that.Poland can beat Sweden in land battles,while GB stil can defeat swedish ships.

Even if England gets partitioned the game isn't over. With the malayans gone I'll be getting involved in european politics again.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 12:23:02 PM
How did he be awesome.

Even if England gets partitioned the game isn't over. With the malayans gone I'll be getting involved in european politics again.

I think the partition of Engalnd will not happen.Gb could recover all of its lost provinces in the next session.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
How did he be awesome.

I think the partition of Engalnd will not happen.Gb could recover all of its lost provinces in the next session.

Especially If I help him do it...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Do it!  Rule Britannia!  Death to the perfidious Swede! 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 12:29:48 PM
Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
How did he be awesome.

Especially If I help him do it...

Wow sweden will have many enemies at the next session.

Poland can send 100 galleys too.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Wow sweden will have many enemies at the next session.

Poland can send 100 galleys too.

Anatron, you are a sub, so I'll assert that this is all in the strictest confidentiality when it comes to other participants in the game. Note, as of right now not all the participants in the plan have all the pieces. Some of them hate each other (and hate my spain) so their roles will only be revealed after they are committed to the cause. Getting Austria and France to join the same side might be difficult.

The plan is... (numbers in brackets are force limits)

Cologne (65) and Austria (65) will attack Sweden (110) in northern Germany. To facilitate this Spain (120) and Tuscany (35) have agreed a truce. Meanwhile Spain and France (75) will ally Britain (45) and after the war in Germany starts the Atlantic powers will attack Sweden. Poland (70), Lithuania (110) and Ottomans (65) have agreed to stay out of the conflict, though Lithuania might join after the war starts to pick up provinces in Russia from Sweden. The objectives are to 1. Return Northumberland, York, Norfolk and Derby to England, 2. Release Scotland as a Swedish Vassal, 3. Return Hanover to Cologne. The potential wrenches are A) Burgundy (130) decides to join Sweden against his arch enemy France B) Poland decided to join Sweden against his arch enemy Cologne.

If all goes according to plan Britain is restored, Sweden is weakened and all alliances are re-arranged. Hopefully dooming Tuscany with a Spanish and Austrian rapprochement.

Best Case 380 regiments vs 120, Worst case 380 vs 320.

I know it's overkill, but if I don't lock many of these guys into the alliance they'll get tempted to strike at their enemies when they are otherwise engaged. It's one of these things that might go completely to hell. Then again, the swedes have superior discipline only matched by the spaniards, but the swedes have a very good general in their king.

The lynch pin is naval control of the sund. With 50 spanish, 35 english and 10 french heavies it should be easy matching 35 swedish heavies. Once that is achieved sweden is cut in 4, america, england, germany and mainland sweden/novgorod. Swedish forces in each region can then be defeated in detail.

Queequeg

Somehow you made that sound really, really exciting.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

Alright.

If Cologne with austrian support wil conquer the hansa provinces too,then I think Poland will ally with ottos and start massive invasion against the Empire.

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on November 17, 2013, 02:32:58 AM
Somehow you made that sound really, really exciting.   :thumbsup:

MP makes the most mundane conflict thrilling

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 17, 2013, 05:16:01 AM
Alright.

If Cologne with austrian support wil conquer the hansa provinces too,then I think Poland will ally with ottos and start massive invasion against the Empire.

I agree that is a problem, which is why I keep telling cologne to moderate his demands a little.  Better to weaken sweden by releasing minors than gain cologne enemies by annexing land.

Anyways, if the oe and poland attack austria, that is good for me. Since my next land war in europe after this one will probably be me, france and a restored england against austria, burgundy, tuscany and hopefully a reluctant cologne grateful to spain. If the oe and poland help me out I don't mind.

Anatron

Yeah.the growing of Austria must be stopped.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2013, 07:14:25 PM
Anatron, you are a sub, so I'll assert that this is all in the strictest confidentiality when it comes to other participants in the game.

You guys realize this is all publicly viewable right?

Anatron

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:29:29 PM
Anatron, you are a sub, so I'll assert that this is all in the strictest confidentiality when it comes to other participants in the game.

Those players not read languish.

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:29:29 PM

Anyways, none of this matters since the whole thing fell apart. Austria and Cologne had a falling out. Austria went and made  deal with Poland to fight the Ottomans.