News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Anatron on November 13, 2013, 09:38:05 AM
Once it become westernized Poland become stronger then Austria.
That's like saying that something ahistorical like Revoke the Privilegia/Renovatio Imperii makes Austria overpowered.

DGuller

I guess I'll give Poland a try, I don't think I ever played them in any of EU games.  Can you still bank admin points right before Westernization?  :hmm:

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
I guess I'll give Poland a try, I don't think I ever played them in any of EU games.  Can you still bank admin points right before Westernization?  :hmm:

no, you can't even start amd buildings and cancel them to get adm points back

I suggest saving up money and paying for the 3 level adm advisor hoping to get a +1 stab event for  him
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zanza

Never played Poland either. Not sure what their strategic goal in the game is. Most countries have an obvious goal for the first 100 or 200 years. I guess forming the Commonwealth might qualify, but as you can get a personal union with Lithuania almost immediately, that's fairly easy to achieve I guess.

Viking

Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2013, 03:10:08 PM
Never played Poland either. Not sure what their strategic goal in the game is. Most countries have an obvious goal for the first 100 or 200 years. I guess forming the Commonwealth might qualify, but as you can get a personal union with Lithuania almost immediately, that's fairly easy to achieve I guess.

get and keep the pu with lithuania, get and diploannex the TO when you reach adm10 form the CW and .... Profit!

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Anatron

Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2013, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: Anatron on November 13, 2013, 09:38:05 AM
Once it become westernized Poland become stronger then Austria.
That's like saying that something ahistorical like Revoke the Privilegia/Renovatio Imperii makes Austria overpowered.

I am talking multiplayer point of view and as far as I see Poland is too strong.
Anyway I never saw  the Revoke the Privilegia in a multi game.

DGuller

Played Poland, got the Commonwealth about 125 years in.  Very peaceful game so far, none of the neighbors really wanted anything from Poland.  I wish Paradox wouldn't straight-jacket the game so much to get historic outcome.

Queequeg

:lmfao:

Though to be fair, if the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was big enough and competently administered I think it could have been left well enough alone.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

QuoteWelcome to the third Developer Diary for Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise. As you probably know by now, we've decided to postpone the launch of the expansion, now targeting early next year. The main reason for this is that with the success of Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV, we at Paradox Development Studio have leveled up both in our expectations of ourselves and the demands of our fans. We could have finished this on time and even with the quality we are now used to. That is no longer enough – we want more. So for us on the team, this means that the basic production plan for the expansion stays fixed - but we've added lots of extra time for polish and tweaking.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2013, 09:56:45 AM
Also looks like they added a shit-on of North American native states. 20 to be precise.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94981&d=1384526462
Were the Sioux that far south in the 15th century? :unsure:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Anatron

Wow the swedish player in today MP is awsome.
He will annex GB in next session.

Phillip V

Quote from: Anatron on November 16, 2013, 10:10:04 AM
How did he be awesome.

Anatron

Quote from: Phillip V on November 16, 2013, 10:14:34 AM
How did he be awesome.

He captured Scotland as vassal form GB and half of England.I think he will annex Gb in the next session.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?725254-A-Question-of-Initiative-a-Saturday-game-(12-00-16-00-CEST)/page39

Viking

Quote from: Phillip V on November 16, 2013, 10:14:34 AM
How did he be awesome.

He has twice now managed to land large armies in britain, despite being outnumbered at sea. Now france is trying to join the dissection. Meanwhile we were having massive naval battles with 400 ships total involved in malaya. The interesting thing this session were the wholesale re-arrangement of alliances. I'm still a bit confused about who is allied to whom.