And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

...and cross your fingers that your 1541 wouldn't bomb out with the flashy red light. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Anatron

Quote from: Zanza on November 04, 2013, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: Anatron on November 04, 2013, 04:47:03 PM
I think the warscores are still bugged.I had a same issue playing as Russia when Ottoman-Spain-Burgundy alliance attacked me becouse of I was conquering nomads.I defetaed them in several batlles and reached the 50 warscore and in the end I had to pay for them to make peace because I run out of manpower.
That's what Hitler said in 1942.

Wow EU4 is a real history game if even Hitler played with it  at 1942!

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2013, 12:37:19 AM
That's what I was thinking of, too.
Will I: warn myself to not mistreat the natives? :hmm:

Liep

I know they don't go for historical accuracy with colonisation, but shouldn't countries avoid colonising in areas they can't gain trade from? Like Castile colonising North America.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

You could make the argument that it's a good idea to try to do that in order to block others from colonizing there and thereby keeping them weak.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2013, 10:23:54 AM
You could make the argument that it's a good idea to try to do that in order to block others from colonizing there and thereby keeping them weak.

But on the other hand, you are also just feeding them revenue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2013, 08:57:50 AM
I know they don't go for historical accuracy with colonisation, but shouldn't countries avoid colonising in areas they can't gain trade from? Like Castile colonising North America.

They can direct trade to Bordeaux and collect from there.  Alternatively if they have a strong enough presence they can collect directly from the NA Node.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2013, 01:58:12 PM

They can direct trade to Bordeaux and collect from there.  Alternatively if they have a strong enough presence they can collect directly from the NA Node.

I assumed he was thinking about AI. Is the AI good enough to manage that properly? Open question as I don't know.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2013, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2013, 01:58:12 PM

I assumed he was thinking about AI. Is the AI good enough to manage that properly? Open question as I don't know.

Not sure but the AI by default collects in Bordeaux.  So it is not entirely unreasonable for it to colonize NA.  Of course that only makes sense after it has dominated the other areas first.

Zanza

Played a game as Brandenburg to try how a warmonger in the HRE works out. Early alliances with Poland and Denmark allowed me to expand against my weaker neighbors. When both Poland and Denmark eventually turned away due to me getting too powerful, I got Muscovy and France as allies. They love me due to enemy of enemy and distance.
Bohemia became emperor and inherited the Netherlands through event. That made Austria turn towards Venice and Croatia to expand, so while they are powerful, they are currently not a threat. They'll probably get elected emperor next though.
By 1525 I have conquered or vassal-annexed everything between Gelre and Memel without ever being in conflict with the emperor or targeted by a credible coalition. I then converted to Protestantism to turn into Prussia. Fun game and I am surprised how easy it was to conquer most of Northern Germany. I just had to be opportunistic and conquer when Bohemia was busy as they'll not ask for territory back when you or they are at war. Pretty easy to exploit if you time your conquest right.
The only thing that was a bit annoying is that I got terrible kings for the entire game so far. :(

DGuller

That's what I'm playing as well.  I wanted to see for myself whether Prussia is as OP as people claim it is with the new patch's combat system.  The only difference is that I decided to deliberately expand very slowly, in order to play through to the end without boring myself out of the game.  That would also be a better test of combat dynamics, since I'll be up against big blobs that I haven't crippled.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Drakken on November 04, 2013, 12:21:13 PM
Next expansion announced.

First feature : randomized map generator for the New World. No more racing to get to Chesapeake. :w00t:

Woah, now that is something I want!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon