News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I asked about a trade node and trade rout generator for the new world and if that could be used to generate a dynamic trade node and rout system.. but no answer.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on November 04, 2013, 12:39:19 PM
I asked about a trade node and trade rout generator for the new world and if that could be used to generate a dynamic trade node and rout system.. but no answer.

That would be a DLC I would definitely purchase.

Zanza

Quote from: Viking on November 04, 2013, 12:39:19 PM
I doubt that. As they leave the provinces etc. untouched, I bet they'll leave the graph with all nodes and edges as it is and just move the nodes a bit on the map. So Chesapeake will still forward its trade to England and France etc.

Dynamic trade routes is definitely something I'd love to see in a future DLC, but I doubt it is in this one.

Queequeg

Pretty neat.  The EU games always reminded me of Imperialism 2 a lot, and this seems a nod in that direction.  Love that game.

Also, pro-tip; when playing on hard AI level, always have defensive idea.  Playing as the French I wanted an offensive, quality-based army that would avoid sieges, but I'd always end up fighting a coalition of uber-Austria and United Spain-Portugal and having to pay 2,000+ ducats with a warscore of +50!  It's absurd.  I'd never encountered this before, because as Russia getting defensive is a no-brainer, and the Dutch have a natural Siege advantage. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

That "strength of alliance" score count is a killer.  They might have 100k soldiers in Latin America, but my complete fucking blockade of Spain should rule out any intervention by that.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Actually, just avoid Hard AI all together.  It's never fun having to fight constant massive coalitions. 

Sophie Scholl

Pumped for this expansion.  I've always wanted to play as the Iroquois, but it was always boring as hell. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on November 04, 2013, 02:18:20 PM
Pretty neat.  The EU games always reminded me of Imperialism 2 a lot, and this seems a nod in that direction.  Love that game.

Also, pro-tip; when playing on hard AI level, always have defensive idea.  Playing as the French I wanted an offensive, quality-based army that would avoid sieges, but I'd always end up fighting a coalition of uber-Austria and United Spain-Portugal and having to pay 2,000+ ducats with a warscore of +50!  It's absurd.  I'd never encountered this before, because as Russia getting defensive is a no-brainer, and the Dutch have a natural Siege advantage.

I think the warscores are still bugged.I had a same issue playing as Russia when Ottoman-Spain-Burgundy alliance attacked me becouse of I was conquering nomads.I defetaed them in several batlles and reached the 50 warscore and in the end I had to pay for them to make peace because I run out of manpower.

Zanza

Quote from: Anatron on November 04, 2013, 04:47:03 PM
I think the warscores are still bugged.I had a same issue playing as Russia when Ottoman-Spain-Burgundy alliance attacked me becouse of I was conquering nomads.I defetaed them in several batlles and reached the 50 warscore and in the end I had to pay for them to make peace because I run out of manpower.
That's what Hitler said in 1942.

Razgovory

He was save scumming until in 1941 then he figured he could just wing it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2013, 05:14:33 PM
He was save scumming until in 1941 then he figured he could just wing it.
:lmfao:

DGuller

Queequeg

I think Raz consistently me laugh really hard more than any other poster the last few years.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I'm not excited about this. After all, they'd already randomized the goods - I think just more dynamic trade nodes would have been good enough.

Also, what does that mean for that DLC they had about American events. Does the USA still form anyway?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.