Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2013, 09:59:50 AM
Quote from: Anatron on October 05, 2013, 09:43:41 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2013, 09:37:05 AM
Seriously that albania player is a combination of jaron and fireblade. But, yes, you are surrounded by players right now. You're gonna have to knock one of them off.

I tried to avoid this,but Hideous fucked my plans and he did this becouse in the Thursday game as Burgundy I dont want to support his war against France.
That guy is an asshole.

Slargos thinks he's an asshole too...

but... he is playing portugal and you did send a hungarian army into west africa... soo....TBH, I can understand him not being happy about this

Thats okay,but he said he is doing this becouse he dont trust me!Not becouse i am going there.He want to take revenge for the Thursday game ,thats all.Thats why I say he is an asshole.

Josquius

Jesus the Brits are just impossible to beat at sea. Even when my ships outnumber them by a decent margin they usually win, presumably due to super ideas.
Democratic power being used for ship tech as well as practically everything you have to do doesn't help either
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Did you notice that when you rename a province in one game - it stays renamed even into another game.  I played France and renamed a bunch of provinces in North America and Africa - to see them with the same name in a game as Makassar.  I wonder if it's WAD or some bug.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on October 07, 2013, 06:44:18 AM
Did you notice that when you rename a province in one game - it stays renamed even into another game.  I played France and renamed a bunch of provinces in North America and Africa - to see them with the same name in a game as Makassar.  I wonder if it's WAD or some bug.

G.

not if you restart the game...

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

Quote from: Viking on October 07, 2013, 06:54:08 AM

The game was restarted several times between the France session and the other one.  No matter I was merely curious if anyone had noticed this.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on October 07, 2013, 07:04:35 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 07, 2013, 06:54:08 AM

The game was restarted several times between the France session and the other one.  No matter I was merely curious if anyone had noticed this.

G.

I was traumatized by seeing Slargdrid written over Spain in a game.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Quote from: Tyr on October 07, 2013, 12:13:42 AM
Jesus the Brits are just impossible to beat at sea. Even when my ships outnumber them by a decent margin they usually win, presumably due to super ideas.
Democratic power being used for ship tech as well as practically everything you have to do doesn't help either
Gather warships together and land 60k men in London.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Maladict

Quote from: Viking on October 07, 2013, 08:37:39 AM

I was traumatized by seeing Slargdrid written over Spain in a game.

MAH DRID.

Anatron

This Denmark-Commonwealth alliance just too mutch to handle.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on October 08, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

like seriously dude, I told you not to join the war on the side of the slargosburgs.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

like seriously dude, I told you not to join the war on the side of the slargosburgs.

slargosburgs :D

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on October 08, 2013, 05:36:06 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

slargosburgs :D

Even without the poles and danes the Vikingmans managed to smite main Slarbosburg force in three consecutive battles and then wipe half his remaining force at Vienna.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 05, 2013, 07:43:01 AM
Quote from: Anatron on October 05, 2013, 04:38:09 AM
It was also Franz-Joseph who is responsible to leading the Habsburg empire to colllapse.He was a man of the old times, and was not open minded for the new ideas.He refused to improve the austrian military for example.So during the I world war his enemies used new weapons and tactics in the battlefield austria still fought with old weapons and tactics.

Given, as an example, that the Austrians had the best heavy artillery (the type for crushing fortresses) of all the Major Powers that's news to me.

In fact, what stands out clearly from 1914 is exactly how close Austria's warplan on the Russian Front came to succeeding (despite Conrad's repeated fumblings and total misuse of his "swing group".) Much closer than France's or Russia's - or even, arguably, Germany's. That's not a sign of a backwards military.
I've never really studied the Austrian front. If someone other than Conrad had been in charge, what were their chances?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2013, 10:21:10 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 05, 2013, 07:43:01 AM
Quote from: Anatron on October 05, 2013, 04:38:09 AM
It was also Franz-Joseph who is responsible to leading the Habsburg empire to colllapse.He was a man of the old times, and was not open minded for the new ideas.He refused to improve the austrian military for example.So during the I world war his enemies used new weapons and tactics in the battlefield austria still fought with old weapons and tactics.

Given, as an example, that the Austrians had the best heavy artillery (the type for crushing fortresses) of all the Major Powers that's news to me.

In fact, what stands out clearly from 1914 is exactly how close Austria's warplan on the Russian Front came to succeeding (despite Conrad's repeated fumblings and total misuse of his "swing group".) Much closer than France's or Russia's - or even, arguably, Germany's. That's not a sign of a backwards military.
I've never really studied the Austrian front. If someone other than Conrad had been in charge, what were their chances?

I guess there was certainly room to do better. As I read, the effective offensive fighting force of the A-H army melted away in 1914. Any offensive they did they needed German help.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2013, 11:05:08 AM
I guess there was certainly room to do better. As I read, the effective offensive fighting force of the A-H army melted away in 1914. Any offensive they did they needed German help.

Losing almost all your trained NCOs and low level officers will do that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."