News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

It's also pretty easily the most interesting Italian country at game start, and one of the most interesting in the entire period. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

QuoteDLC - American Dream: (big) Contains events (over 30 of them), decisions, graphics.

Doesn't seem very interesting given how close it is to the end of the game period. Also, does America typically revolt?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

So, next week for the patch? I am happy they did the most obvious trade fix at least, but annoyed by them spending time on national ideagroup silliness at this stage.

Especially stuff like Serbia reveal a bad design decision: if your game is historically accurate, the Serbia of 1444 has about 0.5% chance of even surviving, let alone achieving anything of note, so you should not be having its own national ideagroup as any kind of priority. IMHO.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 09:17:22 AM
So, next week for the patch? I am happy they did the most obvious trade fix at least, but annoyed by them spending time on national ideagroup silliness at this stage.

Especially stuff like Serbia reveal a bad design decision: if your game is historically accurate, the Serbia of 1444 has about 0.5% chance of even surviving, let alone achieving anything of note, so you should not be having its own national ideagroup as any kind of priority. IMHO.
Balkantards.  :lol:

Viking

Norway has it's own ideagroup and wasn't even independent at the start of the game. (what kind of ideas, think russia with boats). So do scotland, aragon, burgundy, lithuania, knights, novgorod and a whole bunch of other states which were destined for destruction well before adm 10 (when the entire idea groups can be completed). Serbia is in the same position. Note, in the MP games I have played, releasing serbia is usually he first war aim all the austrians have against the ottomans.

But if you want to go the hungarian balkantardism is better than serbian balkantardism I'll side with my magyar brothers in law.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

lol no, Serbia was just the most obvious choice to showcase my point.

As a matter of fact I am sort of thinking that Hungary is a bit too strong. It was already in a serious disadvantage with all the highly decentralized feudalism thing going on while other parts of the world modernised, IMHO it was mostly because of the extraordinary Hunyadis that the country got a window of opportunity to get its shit together. Which it did not, of course.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 18, 2013, 09:22:57 AM
Norway has it's own ideagroup and wasn't even independent at the start of the game. (what kind of ideas, think russia with boats). So do scotland, aragon, burgundy, lithuania, knights, novgorod and a whole bunch of other states which were destined for destruction well before adm 10 (when the entire idea groups can be completed). Serbia is in the same position. Note, in the MP games I have played, releasing serbia is usually he first war aim all the austrians have against the ottomans.

But if you want to go the hungarian balkantardism is better than serbian balkantardism I'll side with my magyar brothers in law.

:huh:

Scotland didn't meld with the UK till after Elizabeth died.  I generally have reached all of the unique national ideas way before then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on September 18, 2013, 09:22:57 AM

Hungary is not a balkan state ...

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 09:33:41 AM

As a matter of fact I am sort of thinking that Hungary is a bit too strong. It was already in a serious disadvantage with all the highly decentralized feudalism thing going on while other parts of the world modernised, IMHO it was mostly because of the extraordinary Hunyadis that the country got a window of opportunity to get its shit together. Which it did not, of course.
Be fair, it was only a century after it was most dominant power in the Balkans.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2013, 10:43:31 AM

Be fair, it was only a century after it was most dominant power in the Balkans.

:rolleyes:

Tamas

Anatron

You are wrong.Do you tried playing with Hungary?I did and I can tell you it was hard like hell.I singleplayer you have like 70% chance for collapsing.With or without the Hunyadis, the country has the same powerful enemies around its borders: Ottomans,Habsburgs and  Poland.

The only reason why I succed with because I knew what I am doing.Hungary could have different history too if we would have real leaders instead of bastard nobles.

garbon

Hey Anatron, any reason that you dislike spaces after most punctuation? :P

Anatron

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2013, 10:50:42 AM
Hey Anatron, any reason that you dislike spaces after most punctuation? :P

Yeah,i use a tablet at the moment and its a real challenge to me to use it  :D

garbon