Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Anatron on September 17, 2013, 11:15:58 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2013, 09:45:45 AM
:wacko:

It's lame I need an Idea for that.  Here's an idea: Spain is greedy and the Aztecs are 'evil' due to killing babies.  Therefore, I need to civilize them. :)

You can attack them any time,just pay -2 stability point .Thats all. :)

You know, as the Mughals (~150 years), I don't think I had one comet sighting. As milan in 50 years, I had three. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Europe probably has more comets than Asia

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on September 17, 2013, 12:05:18 PM
Europe probably has more comets than Asia

:lol:

Or maybe it is just really cloudy in India.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

I had 5 kings in 5 years, 3 of whose stats added up to less than 5.  :pinch:

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2013, 11:58:56 AM

It's lame I need an Idea for that.  Here's an idea: Spain is greedy and the Aztecs are 'evil' due to killing babies.  Therefore, I need to civilize them. :)

You know, as the Mughals (~150 years), I don't think I had one comet sighting. As milan in 50 years, I had three. <_<

There is a mod that removes the comet event - which is easily the most stupid event in the game. 

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 17, 2013, 12:08:51 PM

There is a mod that removes the comet event - which is easily the most stupid event in the game. 

My most hated event is that Jackals! Vultures! While sometimes it is reasonable, sometimes it is like here are 44 rebel armies.

Though I do think it is interesting that now with EU4, it sometimes makes sense not to fight rebels but just accede to their demands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Anatron

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2013, 12:19:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 17, 2013, 12:08:51 PM

My most hated event is that Jackals! Vultures! While sometimes it is reasonable, sometimes it is like here are 44 rebel armies.

Though I do think it is interesting that now with EU4, it sometimes makes sense not to fight rebels but just accede to their demands.

My most hated event is the "Hunting Accident happened".I wait like a century to get a decent heir then he dies in an "accident".

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2013, 12:19:36 PM

Yeah, if I am playing a country I want to change to another religion I hope rebels pop up so I can accept their demand and change the State religion without penalty.

Liep

This is not a complete list. I'm hoping that they'll also fix the 3rd world nations blobbing. I've yet to see more than one country left in the country clusters. Aztecs, Iroquois, Mali, Inca, etc, is all there's left once you discover those areas.
QuoteDLC next week!

Patch 1.2 out: 'Next Week'

New features
6 new achievements
Grand Coalition - 6 nations in coalition
Winter Tsars
Luck of the Irish - conquer British Isles
Sunset Invasion - Aztecs conquer Lisbon London Madrid Paris Rome
New Coalition & Opinion 2D mapmodes
Borderless windowed mode direct from Settings
Copy/paste in textboxes
Can now release vassal and play as them
Admin Points for inflation reduction - no need to get Economic Ideas for actions anymore.
You can now add provinces to the empire, if they border a seazone bordering the empire.
You will be able to surrender to the AI without +10 Warscore via a 'What do you want?' button
Adding over 25 new national ideagroups, including:
Serbia
Orissa
Granada
Taungu
Malaya
Punjab
Switzerland
Tibet
Ragusa
Tweaks
Coalitions will now always join in a war; there is no truce penalty breaking if a coalition is called in a defensive war. AI cannot decline warleader alliance negotiation
Reduced outgoing trade value increase (20% -> now 5%) from forwarding merchants to prevent absurd value accumulations of 1000 of ducats in home nodes
Maxmorale can no longer be below the threshold where you can move troops.
Defeat rebels mission no longer gives +2 stability.
Border Friction being reworked/nerfed
Navies can not be exiled.
Fixing constant Japanese destruction by Catholicism
Bugfixes
Annexing a country will no longer reset your steering in their tradenodes.
Exiled units can no longer loot.
Overseas colonies will never cause overextension
Fixed a bug which caused shattered retreats to not work while in hostile territory
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

DGuller

Wait, shattered retreats not working in hostile territory was not WAD?  :huh:

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2013, 03:42:40 PM
Wait, shattered retreats not working in hostile territory was not WAD?  :huh:

yeah, I thought that was WAD, and brilliant WAD if you ask me. at long last, LOC matters.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Yay Punjab, but where is Tuscany? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Finally completed the integration of Aragon. :cool:  Of course, I'm in the red again since I also inherited their gigantic army and navy.  Then again, I'm at war with the Aztecs right now so perhaps I can send the Aragonese across the Atlantic to be cannon beehive fodder. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 17, 2013, 05:52:37 PM
Yay Punjab, but where is Tuscany?

Agree.Since in if no palyer in Italy there is like 60-70% chance that Tuscany AI will control Italy and it is handled like a minor power in the game.