News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

They all had level 7 fortresses!  None of them had fallen!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Anyone else notice that the WC accomplishment photo on Steam is a Majestic 12 reference or am I the geekiest person alive?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Queequeg on September 12, 2013, 04:30:37 PM
Anyone else notice that the WC accomplishment photo on Steam is a Majestic 12 reference or am I the geekiest person alive?

I play Spain so I can trigger the Monty Python Inquisition reference

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Planed my Castile game up until 1497 last night.  Managed to discover the New World in April of 1492. :cool:

Eariler that same year I was planning on completing the conquest of Granada, and was *literally* mousing over in order to declare war (a five year truce had expired in January of 1492) when my king died and the country got taken over by a regency council. :mad:  So Granada is still there while I wait for my king to hit puberty.  I also hold Tangiers and Melilla and the Portuguese have Ceuta, Casablanca, and Ifni.

One annoying thing: I have the Antilles mostly explored and I went to build a colony on St. Barts, but my colonial range isn't far enough or something.... so my only overseas colony is at Arguin since that's the farthest I can settle right now. :(

Josquius

So these temporary claims to provinces...what happens when they run out? You have no claim whatsoever to the province? Or it becomes core?
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on September 13, 2013, 05:23:15 AM
So these temporary claims to provinces...what happens when they run out? You have no claim whatsoever to the province? Or it becomes core?

Tooltip on the claim will tell you when they run out. When they run out you have no claim whatsoever. Build the core while you have the claim and it is 25% cheaper in ADM.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Played till mid-1499 before leaving for work.  Regency ended and my new king has badass stats. :cool:  The day after he assumed the throne, Castilian troops marched into Granada. :menace:

otoh my damn explorer died and I don't want to pay the 50 bucks of diplomatic points or whatever it is right now to get a replacement. <_<

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 05:02:55 AM
One annoying thing: I have the Antilles mostly explored and I went to build a colony on St. Barts, but my colonial range isn't far enough or something.... so my only overseas colony is at Arguin since that's the farthest I can settle right now. :(

Your range will increase with one of the ideas in the explorer group and as you tech up diplomacy tech. 

Caliga

That's gay.  I want to build a resort on St. Barts NOW. :mad:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 08:53:11 AM
That's gay.  I want to build a resort on St. Barts NOW. :mad:

The best way to get there early is to beat Portugal to Cape Verde, core that and then have a much closer core to Brazil. Colonize and core there then colonize the caribbean as quickly as possible.  The carribbean is the key for Spain's domination of trade in the New World.

Caliga

Too late.  Portugal picked up Cape Verde before I had the idea that let me get explorers, and they already have a two-province colony in Brazil. :(

Oh well, guess I just have to form Spain and then conquer Portugal and make it cede colonies to me. :)

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 09:04:47 AM
Too late.  Portugal picked up Cape Verde before I had the idea that let me get explorers, and they already have a two-province colony in Brazil. :(

Oh well, guess I just have to form Spain and then conquer Portugal and make it cede colonies to me. :)

ask for ship basing rights until you have a core in the americas

Caliga

Why?  I want colonies, not just the ability to park my ships in the Caribbean.  Plus now you gotta pay for ship basing rights :rolleyes:

My relationship with Portugal is +200 and I'm allied and RMed with the Portuguese, so it might take a bit of effort to get to the point where I can attack Portugal. :blush:

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 09:13:04 AM
Why?  I want colonies, not just the ability to park my ships in the Caribbean.  Plus now you gotta pay for ship basing rights :rolleyes:

My relationship with Portugal is +200 and I'm allied and RMed with the Portuguese, so it might take a bit of effort to get to the point where I can attack Portugal. :blush:

because it extends your colonial range, ese?