News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Anatron on September 08, 2013, 10:46:53 AM
There is a mode called new economy on steam what changes the trade system.Seems more realistic than the original trade system.Added a lot of new products and realistic prices  (for example cacao what produced in america has very high price.)The mod also added new trade routes what are just fantastic.

Yep, I have been playing with it.  I like it a lot more than vanilla. 

Anatron

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2013, 10:48:23 AM
Quote from: Anatron on September 08, 2013, 10:46:53 AM
There is a mode called new economy on steam what changes the trade system.Seems more realistic than the original trade system.Added a lot of new products and realistic prices  (for example cacao what produced in america has very high price.)The mod also added new trade routes what are just fantastic.

Yep, I have been playing with it.  I like it a lot more than vanilla.

I just found my favorite trade products in this mod:

Beer and opium!  :D

The Golden age loading screen mod is also worth to install.

DGuller

It makes sense for wool provinces to not be able to build manufactories.  After all, if you produced wool, it meant that you were a hopelessly backward subsistence economy, not a textile powerhouse.

garbon

So what's up with the Timurids having Uzbek as their primary culture? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2013, 06:48:49 PM
What is inaccurate about that?

1444 starts are awful. Constant revolution outside of my borders. Chaos. No strong polities to fight.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

It changes when you form the Mughals.

Anatron

Just found on wiki.

The first ruler of Timurids:

Emir Timur
Reign   1370–1405
Coronation   1370, Balkh
Titles   Timur Lang (Timur the Lame), Beg, Mirza, Gurkani
Born   9 April 1336
Birthplace   Kesh, Chagatai Khanate (Now in Uzbekistan)

But far as I know they were Mongols before the invasion of Persian area.Then they become Turko-Mongol.Later Indian, after fleeing to India and founding the Mughal dynasty.

Solmyr

Timur is one of those people who are fought over by all the Stans. They are like the Balkantards of Central Asia about this.

Anatron

Quote from: Solmyr on September 09, 2013, 06:36:16 AM
Timur is one of those people who are fought over by all the Stans. They are like the Balkantards of Central Asia about this.

Lol,what about the nations who attacked lesser advanced nation to plunder them like the british,dutch,portugals,france,spainsh etc?
or the amercians who annihilated the indians in Northa America?

They are not *tards?

"Glorious" nations build themself on the corpse of others..
I see no difference between a mongol a turk or a british etc.
They all want to rule over others,and all did the same way by destroying others.

DGuller

EU4 should have Tracksuit idea for the Balkan nations - 50% faster cultural conversion.

garbon

Hmm...Ulugh Beg was dead and buried (Timurid dynasty was even gone in my version of the Tims) and yet I got an event about him wanting to build an observatory. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Anatron on September 09, 2013, 07:23:17 AM

Lol,what about the nations who attacked lesser advanced nation to plunder them like the british,dutch,portugals,france,spainsh etc?

They are not *tards?

They all want to rule over others,and all did the same way by destroying others.

Dude, you do not know Balkantards. :P they infest the Paradox forums with endless arguments over who ethnic cleansed whom from XY Bosnian/Croatian/Romanian village, and whether a 67%-33% ethnic ratio in a province is historically correct, or Paradox is deliberately destroying the Serbian/Bosnian/Romanian nation by making it a 64%-36% one.

Because of them, the EU4 forum is full of needless cultural QQ threads instead of discussing trade and insane tribal treasuries.

Solmyr

We are lucky Paradox doesn't seem to have a lot of customers in Central Asia, or we'd also be seeing threads on how some local shithole should be Uzbek/Kazakh/Turkmen/Kirgiz.

Valmy

They are not *tards?

Meh all nations have done this, just some on smaller scales since that was all they were capable of.

But, in any case, nobody is calling the Brits glorious here or the Balkan nations inferior, we are talking about the idiocy of their nationalists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2013, 11:20:34 AM

They are not *tards?

Meh all nations have done this, just some on smaller scales since that was all they were capable of.

But, in any case, nobody is calling the Brits glorious here or the Balkan nations inferior, we are talking about the idiocy of their nationalists.

Swedes especially have complained that it is way too weak in the game compared to history.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.