News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

SPAIN JUST TRIED TO TAKE GHENT BACK.  YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ASSHOLES?  I JUST TOOK THE FUCKING PHILIPPINES!  FUCK YOU!  SEE YOU ASSHOLES WHEN I COLONIZE CALIFORNIA!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

No more sugar for you today, Psellus! :D

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2013, 04:03:19 AM
SPAIN JUST TRIED TO TAKE GHENT BACK.  YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ASSHOLES?  I JUST TOOK THE FUCKING PHILIPPINES!  FUCK YOU!  SEE YOU ASSHOLES WHEN I COLONIZE CALIFORNIA!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Viking

I didn't know spellus could get this excited about anything not in the orthodox tech group?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on September 06, 2013, 05:38:28 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2013, 04:03:19 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Anatron

Released Biyzantium in a war against Ottomans.What technology level he has? 5/5/5 in 1760 ...

garbon

It often seems better to take the hit for taking the province and then releasing yourself. That way, they end up your coreligionist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 09:14:04 AM
It often seems better to take the hit for taking the province and then releasing yourself. That way, they end up your coreligionist.

I know this applies for pagans and hindus (haven't tried it with musselmen). It does not apply to catholics and protestants though.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 06, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

I know this applies for pagans and hindus (haven't tried it with musselmen). It does not apply to catholics and protestants though.

Ah, gotcha.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on September 06, 2013, 09:21:59 AM

The Turks converted the Balkans to muslim so when i released them they became sunnies with 5/5/5 tech level (Modavia,Bulgaria,Byzantium).

Anatron

Proclaim guarantie seems bugged.I put it on Byztaium and just realized Ottmans captures Contantinapole.How?

ulmont

Ok.  I sort of understand how trade works now, but I can't seem to operationalize it.  That is, in the early game, what the fuck should I be doing as England with my ships and merchants?  Better to leave the merchants in London and Bordeaux and put all my light ships in Bordeaux, or to split them between Bordeaux and London, or to try moving a merchant to Sevilla to forward to Bordeaux?  Everything I try with it seems to just drop my trade income...

Assume, for this discussion, that I won the 100 years' war but have crippled my manpower in the process and have fuck-all for monarch points.