Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

OMG I just found the mission impossible achievement in steam:

"Jihad
As Najd, conquer Europe, Africa and Asia and convert it to Sunni religion."

Habbaku

World conquest as Ryukyu is harder.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on September 02, 2013, 07:52:01 PM
World conquest as Ryukyu is harder.

Apparently there are still a number of exploits to be patched out, as one guy is well on his way.  Not even counting the guy who realized that missions weren't part of the ironman checksum and edited his way to a Ryukyu WC.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?709144-The-Three-Mountains-A-Ryukyu-AAR

garbon

He's also right on that defeat rebels mission. That can be an unbalanced godsend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Tried a bit as Hungary.

I thought I was doing really really well-all of the Balkan states in my periphery were vassals, I was poor as fuck but still making the best of it, allied with Bohemia and France, both of which were Corvin dynasty, but...the Ottomans just bitchslapped my army with half my numbers, while attacking over a river in to a swamp.  Jesus fuck. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2013, 02:27:39 AM
Tried a bit as Hungary.

I thought I was doing really really well-all of the Balkan states in my periphery were vassals, I was poor as fuck but still making the best of it, allied with Bohemia and France, both of which were Corvin dynasty, but...the Ottomans just bitchslapped my army with half my numbers, while attacking over a river in to a swamp.  Jesus fuck.

In the begining ally with Austria (if you can,if not Bohemia Milan,Burgundy will be your natural allies till Burgundy lives) and do effort to create an efficient trade.You dont need vassals just annex serbia,bosnia,wallachia etc.
As paralelly be friend with France and Muscowy because as you grow in power Austria will turn against you.Poland are also dangerous.

Or you can try to destroy Austria in the very begining.With Janos Hunyadi (4/4/4 leader) you can defeat the Austrian armies.Hungary also has a decision to call the nobility (10/5/0 army) to battle,so research the first idea in the Aristocracy and build up your armies based on cavalry.Eastern can have 60% cavalry in the army without penalty.

against the ottomans you can try the tactics what is commonly used as Byzantium.Wait till Ottomans have a war in Asia so they move all of its forces there  then send your navy to blockade the port of Istambul.To do it is not easy because hungarian navy is very weak in the beginning, so you have to build up a fleet what is able to defeat the ottoman fleet.After you captured the Balkans,just force the Ottomans to release several nations like Bulgaria and Byzantium.

Queequeg

How in God's name do I create trade?  The fucking Ottomans just annexed Ragusa. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2013, 03:19:37 AM

You have Croatia,you can trade with Venice.

Anatron

"The Chrysanthemum Throne
Unite Japan as a Daimyo." achi can not reach, daimos are bugged.

You dont have the decision "unite Japan" as a daimo.
I hope the patch will come soon...

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2013, 03:19:37 AM

Create trade? Build production buildings and manufactories.

If you want to steer trade use light ships to protect trade and merchants to direct it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Queequeg on September 03, 2013, 02:27:39 AM
Tried a bit as Hungary.

Any time you play a country near the lucky Ottomans, you have to have a plan for them.   Fighting them early on is a nearly impossible task, unless you seize on a moment of weakness and pile on when they're down.  You either have to ally with them, or with someone big and reliable against them.  On equal footing, 1-on-1 battles with them are less competitive than a firing squad.

Anatron

Tried Hungary in ironman in the last 3 days and I think just found the best strategy in the begining.

Forget about France ,they are bastards.They will not help you when the Ottoman gypsies attack.Forget Bohemia as an ally too,because they are too week to help you.
Instead of this,the first step must be to put Bohemia as rival.That will change Poland's attitude to us from hostile to neutral.Ally with Bavaria,Brandenburg and Burgundy.Send diplomats to Poland to improve relations.Soon you can make an alliance with them what is invaluable in the first 50 years and maybe later too because Poland has/will have Personal union with Lithuania what makes Poland equal strength as Austria in the begining.

You dont need to do anything just wait.I not improved the army from level 3 to 4 in the begining ,rather improved governement then adopted offensive ideas grop and immediately researched the first two ideas in that group.you dont need to improve the army level till the ideas are not 100% finished.or maybe till level 4-5 is enough.Austria will not attack if you have that 4-5 allies.
I hope this and my allies can hold back both Austria and Ottomans to declare war on me,so I can strengthen myself because as I see Hungary has some nice taxes,what gives the possibility to build up the economy .Then the army.

I choose for the 2nd idea group the economy,since the major moneysource are the taxes for you as Hungary,and adopt the first 2 ideas then start the massive economical upgrade in the country.
You can collect like 1000 gold till the regency ends in 1456,spend in on temples first ,then constables.after you finished with that you can have an 30k army protecting your lands with full offensive upgrades.What is not a massive army compaired with the 163 000 soldier what Mathias Rex has in Hungary in that time...

DGuller