And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2013, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 11:28:11 AM
I like that someone got warned on p'dox (and also chastened by a forum member) for saying what the fuck.
:wacko: What the fuck?

Watch the language!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 12:05:42 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 20, 2013, 12:04:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 12:02:40 PM
We need some forum rules.

We need rules like we need balkantards.

:w00t:

You do know that Quebectards along with Walloontards are this close to joining the Balkantards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on August 20, 2013, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2013, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 11:28:11 AM
I like that someone got warned on p'dox (and also chastened by a forum member) for saying what the fuck.
:wacko: What the fuck?

Watch the language!

Will you post pics? :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Playing Brandenburg and my king died heirless. now i'm in a personal union with England. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 20, 2013, 07:59:45 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?713390-Blobbing-coalitions

Didn't think I'd ever see anything like this from Paradox.  I'm a little impressed.

I told you, Wiz is looking for suggestions about stuff. I think this is one case where it is good they hired a modder (CK2+) who is used to dealing with the public as he makes the game better.

Fireblade

I should send them my uber-Spain blob.  :hmm:

I inherited France and Portugal and I got Great Britain into a PU. I wasn't even paying attention to Europe, I just randomly inherited them because my godlike Trastamaras needed a warm vagina to squirt their golden seed into.

PRC

I hate being the first to a explore an area like Brazil or the Caribbean, happily colonizing away, and looking away to war on natives in Mali or some such I then glance back at my burgeoning colonies only to discover some Castilian dogs have set their flags right on my doorstep.  Fuckers, the New World belongs to me!

Drakken

Quote from: PRC on August 21, 2013, 09:44:32 AM
I hate being the first to a explore an area like Brazil or the Caribbean, happily colonizing away, and looking away to war on natives in Mali or some such I then glance back at my burgeoning colonies only to discover some Castilian dogs have set their flags right on my doorstep.  Fuckers, the New World belongs to me!

I'm willing to bet the Treaty of Tordesillia mechanics will be introduced in a DLC in the future.

And the worst is, it worked great in EU2, so I don't know why it wasn't kept in later installations as there were ways to make it practicable.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2013, 09:47:59 AM
I'm willing to bet the Treaty of Tordesillia mechanics will be introduced in a DLC in the future.

It is already in the game.  Spain has it as a national idea.

Alcibiades

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2013, 10:33:44 AM

Inter Caetera: Allows claiming of colonies

Haven't played Spain yet, how's it work?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 21, 2013, 11:16:19 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2013, 10:33:44 AM

Inter Caetera: Allows claiming of colonies

Haven't played Spain yet, how's it work?

Not sure yet, I just saw it was there so in my Portugal game I stayed in Brazil.