News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 12:07:07 PM
What my suggestion does is remove the odd result which occur when all trade from asia directed around Africa ends up hitting South Africa.

Seems like if you just removed the ability to collect outside a home node, you'd solve a lot of that problem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?713122-Hotfix-version-1.1.1c

QuoteHotfix - version 1.1.1c
Here is the first hotfix to adress some of the most serious issues reported.

We have planned to push out a second hotfix, mostly with multiplayer focus, either later this week or very early next week depending on when we can test it enough to guarantee we nothing new is broken. Thanks for buying the game and thank your for your patience.

Also, this will not break your ironman saves.

Updated: Fixed an mp bug that snuck into the hotfix.

Patch notes 1.1.1c
------------------------
- Lots of localisation fixes (including the localised tutorials)
- Fixed crashes when failing to retrieve resolution (merged 8252)
- Hints and tutorial textboxes can now have scrollbars (fixes for too long text for non english)
- Sound are now disabled on standalone server.
- Chat now works with standalone server.
- Peasants' War more likely to end the longer it has been going on
- Peasants' War will not happen again for at least 10 years
- Fixed broken continent all trigger and fixed adding hidden modifiers.
- Jihad achievement should now work again
- African Power achievement should now work again
- Ruina Imperii achievement should now work again
- Correct version is now listed in serverbrowser
- Fixed crashes when failing to retrieve resolution
- Fixed issue with black areas on TI (bad/old graphics cards)
- Optimized mission and revolt risk alerts
- Optimized when we disable trees/terrain/water/borders
- Multiplayer lobby: Keep scrollbar position when a new server is added
- Fixed savegame lockup when having only one core
- Fixed white glow on Linux cursors
- Fixed some more broken localisations
- Religious rebels can no longer flip the Papacy's capital province
- Religious heathens breaking your country results in large prestige loss
- Religious rebels breaking the Papacy results in a stability loss
- MP: Renamed "Connect to IP" to "Connect to ID"
- MP: Version should now be correct in server browser
- Dx9: If we fail to determine refresh rate, default to 60
- Normal borderfriction now only applies if its the home territory bordering each other.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Oh that reminds me. I had Peasant's War as Bohemia and even though I picked the option to end the war, it kept continuing. :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

That peasants war thing is annoying...

I had one during the war of the roses, which was bad enough, but I had a second one immediately after that which lasted 70 years due to the various usurpers and republics that got set up in the process never having the stats to end it and me never managing to get up to +3 stab. In the end I did manage a ten year patch of +3 stab with a 1 1 3 monarch but that was only because I had disbanded my army (didn't have any manpower and mercs were getting too expensive if I was going to fight all the rebels) and gave into every single demand and found out that the maintenence on my army was higher than my tax income initially. Losing all tax income and the cost of maintaining an army gave me a net profit, fortunately I had trade to pay for my ships and administration.

When it was finally over I had a series of religious revolts which all got out of hand due to my country being split down the middle religion wise. So flip flopping back and forth...

Now I know what the AI feels like when it's country falls apart... I kept mine together.. cores, it's all about the cores. You either have them or you are crap.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2013, 12:08:44 PM
What my suggestion does is remove the odd result which occur when all trade from asia directed around Africa ends up hitting South Africa.

Seems like if you just removed the ability to collect outside a home node, you'd solve a lot of that problem.

Yeah, that would work to some extent.  But you would still have the problem dominating the South African Node being critical to trading around Africa.  Something only direct routes can solve.  South Africa should be a backwater until someone wants to take the time, money and effort to develop it.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2013, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 19, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on August 19, 2013, 10:59:18 AM
Central Europe is always in flames, with the German minors being flung around like Jodie Foster on a pool table so the New World trade values will stay low forever.
The HRE seems way too unstable right now. Permanent warfare, all the minors trying to blob and Austria doing virtually nothing to keep the peace or free conquered territory. Feels like the HRE is constantly in Thirty Years War mode.

I just started as Austria and have been trying to play HRE policeman. Fuck that shit, it`s insane.

I tried twice yesterday and gave up too.  The wars don't stop until your RR risk is so high you get broken by rebels.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 12:43:07 PM
Yeah, that would work to some extent.  But you would still have the problem dominating the South African Node being critical to trading around Africa.  Something only direct routes can solve.  South Africa should be a backwater until someone wants to take the time, money and effort to develop it.

I'm not so sure on that. The South African node only goes in one direction, so if you can't collect there, then all trade power in the node is outgoing as there are no local based states.  Seems like the more important nodes there are then Ivory Coast and Gulf of Aden where there are multiple exit points - as well as local states that can collect there.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2013, 01:59:06 PM

I'm not so sure on that. The South African node only goes in one direction, so if you can't collect there, then all trade power in the node is outgoing as there are no local based states.  Seems like the more important nodes there are then Ivory Coast and Gulf of Aden where there are multiple exit points - as well as local states that can collect there.

Yeah, you would just be moving the problem upstream.

edit:  I mean downstream...

garbon

That said - CC. What you've described would help for East Asian states like Japan where virtually every node leaves away from them.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 02:03:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2013, 01:59:06 PM

Yeah, you would just be moving the problem upstream.

Well the Gulf of Aden one makes sense sort of. I mean that does seem like a contentious area.  The Ivory Coast, of course, makes less sense as by default (without establishing a strong presence) the trade goes to Ashanti, Songhai, Hausa, Mali, Oyo, and Benin. Seems weird that they'd see an uptick in economic activity because Europe diverted trade away from the Gulf.

garbon

From Wiz regarding AI:
QuoteI realize that you can join wars and just do nothing right now, but that's also something I intend to change.

/he's taking suggestions on what should be done vis-a-vis the AI going to war all the time.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?713291-The-very-one-thing-i-dont-like-with-AI-right-now-...

Viking

The thing is that virtually all trade stays local until the europeans show up. Sure Malaya can go and compete with Ming's provinces with a few ships, and Ming can compete with Japan's provinces with a few ships etc. For trade to flow at all you need trade power in an upstream node. Nobody in asia has this.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on August 19, 2013, 03:29:16 PM

The thing is that virtually all trade stays local until the europeans show up. Sure Malaya can go and compete with Ming's provinces with a few ships, and Ming can compete with Japan's provinces with a few ships etc. For trade to flow at all you need trade power in an upstream node. Nobody in asia has this.

Ok, but that is the problem I raised so I am not sure why it matters that there is not a problem when Europeans are not present.

garbon

I like that someone got warned on p'dox (and also chastened by a forum member) for saying what the fuck.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 11:28:11 AM
I like that someone got warned on p'dox (and also chastened by a forum member) for saying what the fuck.
:wacko: What the fuck?