News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Military tab. I believe the last one when you click on your shield. On left most bottom quadrant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2013, 12:23:40 PM
Military tab. I believe the last one when you click on your shield. On left most bottom quadrant.

Ah ha, thanks.

Liep

It also shows on the bottom of the info box in the Build Unit/Building map display.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on August 17, 2013, 12:03:50 PM
Annoying, after about 4 years playing as England the game becomes choppy and unplayable (after peace in the 100 years war, tried twice). The previous lag problem I had was fixed with updating drivers, but this problem seems specific to England as other nations don't cause it.

According to the pdox tech forum it's because I have too many provinces with rebels wanting to kill me. Would make sense if they sprang up after a peace deal, but then again, why not while playing Muscovy or Denmark?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Seriously, what do I need to convert people? the lowest I got to was 1111 years. looking at the info tap forts add to the ability to convert, so I need to max my forts? or I guess go to the religious idea tree.

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Where is that trade guide someone was talking about earlier?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Just got this. Map...dosen't suck?  :P

So, yeah how does trade work?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2013, 07:07:28 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 17, 2013, 06:10:03 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2013, 05:59:30 AM
So guys, I am not so sure about the "don't need to use a merchant to transfer trade in a one-way node" thing. I mean sure you don't HAVE to, but if you have like no presence there without a merchant, a lot of the stuff will be probably retained by the local powers.

This is why you put in a fleet of light ships. All their trade power is used to transfer trade along.

I thought you can only send light ships to nodes you already have a presence in.

I send a merchant, then ships then recall the merchant. That works fine.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 17, 2013, 02:05:20 PM
Seriously, what do I need to convert people? the lowest I got to was 1111 years. looking at the info tap forts add to the ability to convert, so I need to max my forts? or I guess go to the religious idea tree.

Well who are you playing? As spain, a couple of my national ideas were about increasing missionary efforts and then there's eventually the counter-reformation that helps too - as well as picking up and advisor that increases missionary strength.

As a muslim power, you just need to make sure you pick options to become pious in events as that can get conversion times down - real quick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 17, 2013, 03:41:08 PM
So guys, I am not so sure about the "don't need to use a merchant to transfer trade in a one-way node" thing. I mean sure you don't HAVE to, but if you have like no presence there without a merchant, a lot of the stuff will be probably retained by the local powers.

This is why you put in a fleet of light ships. All their trade power is used to transfer trade along.

I thought you can only send light ships to nodes you already have a presence in.

Ah and then light ships can continue as they don't check for merchant presence anymore?

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2013, 12:05:45 PM
:hmm:

It seems then that Spain would rarely be interested in participating in the New World, Italy and Burgundy at the same time.

Historically it was more a case of <spanish> holy shit we can dominate BOTH terminus nodes AND most of the source nodes, if we do this right we can own ALL world trade!</spanish>. The spanish WERE in Italy and in the Netherlands to begin with. It's just that France and England started fucking with their possessions there.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2013, 03:51:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 17, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

Ah and then light ships can continue as they don't check for merchant presence anymore?

Bingo. The merchant gives you 2 trade power, the ships then give you 3-6 each and with the ships there you have a presence.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 17, 2013, 03:52:06 PM

It seems then that Spain would rarely be interested in participating in the New World, Italy and Burgundy at the same time.

Historically it was more a case of <spanish> holy shit we can dominate BOTH terminus nodes AND most of the source nodes, if we do this right we can own ALL world trade!</spanish>. The spanish WERE in Italy and in the Netherlands to begin with. It's just that France and England started fucking with their possessions there.

Except that all of those things happened contemporaneously. Hispaniola was first colonized around the time that Spain was stretching its might against France in Italy.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2013, 04:00:44 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 17, 2013, 03:52:06 PM

Except that all of those things happened contemporaneously. Hispaniola was first colonized around the time that Spain was stretching its might against France in Italy.

It was also Castille going to the new world and aragon going into italy, burgundy was dealing with a revolt and hapsburg emperor were dealing with religious "difficulties" the problem was they were all the same person.

But you are right, to model it correctly what you really need is four countries with different sets of ideas and when castillian ideas take over everything it all falls apart.