News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

How the events following the real history in the begining of the game is epic!I like it and the new diplomacy system too. :cool:

Drakken

Note to myself: Don't let the English fleet blockading Provence on its own without trips into port to repair, as it is out of naval range and English ships suffer 5% attrition there. :glare:

Viking

1 - I love Hunter Killer Armies. France keeps butchering my armies. I love it. I'm actually worried about losing for reasons other than "the AI has shitloads more stuff than me".

2 - I love the idea of ADM, MIL and DIP power. Now we have something much more dynamic to limit the player than just BB. I love how I have to balance between ideas and technology in a field and have to think about long and short term gain.

3 - I love the coalitions. No longer does the AI have to like you to ally with you, they just need to hate somebody else. I tried to take down France with a coalition. My army got butcherd, Burgundy got butchered and overrun and Aragon got butchered and stabbed by Castille. Right now Scotland and France are coalitioning against me.

4 - No census tax means I'm taking loans to keep my economy afloat during war.

5 - Manpower is a real bitch. That settles it, I'm taking those ideas that give me cheaper mercenaries.

The game is challenging, new and entertaining. Right now france has occupied my 5 continental provinces and has a 50k army. I am sieging through scotland with my 2siege leader and his 14k army. I have the french fleet bottled up but the war score is -33% and my WE is 15. I have this sinking feeling that I'm about to get kicked off the continent despite my best efforts to stay there. France attacked when I was saving up to place the march in normandie, but noooo...

I like so far. Slargos did say the game was as good as advertised and so far I haven't been able to find or use any of my normal exploits.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

I like it, 5 hours have disappeared since I installed it and I'm still struggling in the 15th century to keep my Baltic possessions from Muscowy and Lithuania.

On a weird note, Sweden hasn't tried once to get out of the Union, a great help in the Russian wars, but very unlike them.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Oookay. I think my Ironman Castille game is over in 1521. I wanted to finish the conquest of Aragon. They were allies of Portugal who were the main danger with one higher mil. tech and a semi-decent army, but it would have been okay. However they brought Über  England to the war. Outclassed by the English troops, and totally trounced by their navy, my land forces are eliminated, all kinds of nationalist rebels are rising as a result via events, the remnants of my fleet is forced to stay in port, and I can't even make war-leader Portugal stop by giving them their core the Azores and the two mainland provinces they captured, and they don't give a damn about (red thumbs-downed on the peace screen) anything else.

Oh and don't follow missions, take the ones which are about stuff you would do anyways. :P There is a Castille mission to take 3 north African ports. Reward was 200 admin points after you core them, I figured at the very least  this deal with finance itself. lol like hell it did. Combined core-ification cost of the 3 provinces (due to Berbers being sturdy mofos like Hungarians) amounted in the 900s, so I just sold them back to their original owners. :P

Great game

Sheilbh

Ah. So this is the point when Paradox games get too advanced for my computer :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2013, 03:31:11 PM
Ah. So this is the point when Paradox games get too advanced for my computer :weep:

:console:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I love the way diplo-annexation is handled now.  No sudden eliminations but, instead, a steady integration ticker that all can see.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2013, 03:31:11 PM

I love when that happens.  An excuse to get a new one. :)

Liep

60 years in and it's a laggy mess bordering the unplayable.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2013, 04:16:50 PM
60 years in and it's a laggy mess bordering the unplayable.
What do you have?

Liep

DGuller

Liep

Oh, pretty good I reckon. AMD quad 3.40ghz, 8gb of ram, win7 64, radeon HD 7800 2gb

I mean, it should run fine. Crusader Kings 2 runs perfectly fine.