News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Odd to see mod threads already being established...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2013, 01:49:20 PM

its more like stupid.

DGuller

Some people just like to tinker so obsessively that the mere exercise becomes an end unto itself.

Anatron

I played with the demo and I can say its buggy.
A lots of National ideas not working after activation.For example +25% national manpower bonus by the diplomatic tree.

France is overpowered.No one can beat it.Maybe a coalition of England ,Austria and third stong nation.

Game crashed several times , I am sure they will give a hotfix for the full game.

Anyway the demo was very useful to learn the eu4 mechanics.

The way to make an empire is simple.Become friend of France then no one can beat you.

garbon

Quote from: Anatron on August 12, 2013, 02:52:38 PM
France is overpowered.No one can beat it.Maybe a coalition of England ,Austria and third stong nation.

France made moves against me as Ottos using DoF when I attacked knights. I had a few close calls with their superior navy - but otherwise was able to crush them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2013, 03:03:13 PM

France made moves against me as Ottos using DoF when I attacked knights. I had a few close calls with their superior navy - but otherwise was able to crush them.

I was playing as the Ottomans and my first war resembling a challenge came when the French were defenders of faith and moved in on me. Payed them 3000 golds to get them off my back (I had 6 thousand in the treasury :P)

Drakken

A lots of National ideas not working after activation.For example +25% national manpower bonus by the diplomatic tree.

Game crashed several times , I am sure they will give a hotfix for the full game.

The way to make an empire is simple.Become friend of France then no one can beat you.

Who the fuck are you?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2013, 03:08:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2013, 03:03:13 PM

I was playing as the Ottomans and my first war resembling a challenge came when the French were defenders of faith and moved in on me. Payed them 3000 golds to get them off my back (I had 6 thousand in the treasury :P)

I lucked out that they would land with armies of only 12k. My stacks of 18k + vassal armies overwhelmed them.  Only downside is they fucked up my trade as I didn't have enough ships (and of good enough quality) to match their 39 strong fleet.  After that war, I built up my naval defenses. :D

garbon

Oh that reminds me, for Ottos, what is the take on piety vs. not? Ottos already lag behind in tech so being non-pious is great but then missionary conversion speed and fortification bonus is a nice draw for being pious. I was then just rather schizo in my 28 years going from one end to the other. :blush:

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on August 12, 2013, 03:13:23 PM

Who the fuck are you?

He has been around for most of the EU3 MP games  :rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2013, 02:04:50 PM
Some people just like to tinker so obsessively that the mere exercise becomes an end unto itself.

Yeah it just seems like actually try the game first, people. I don't know why modding on day 0 makes sense.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2013, 03:57:37 PM

Yeah it just seems like actually try the game first, people. I don't know why modding on day 0 makes sense.

Exactly.

Spooky

I hope this is because of the specific time period and not indicative of balance in the actual game. In fact, based upon the Let's Play videos by Quill18 it looks like Burgundy is extremely large (and likely therefore powerful) on the EU IV map in the earliest start. With luck this will mean that France has a check against it snowballing.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2013, 04:50:55 PM

Exactly.

I assume they do it to make sure everyone knows mods are supported and will be available because, after all, they are in this to make money and anything that sells their product makes sense.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 12, 2013, 05:12:15 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2013, 04:50:55 PM

Exactly.

I assume they do it to make sure everyone knows mods are supported and will be available because, after all, they are in this to make money and anything that sells their product makes sense.

But it is the modders making the thread. I don't think modders are getting pay.