And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

I am not sure that is correct.  Isnt Sevilla a "home" node for Portugual because Portugual makes up part of the provinces which make up the the Sevilla node zone?

Fireblade

God damn it. Rushing the Eastern Seaboard for that sweet, sweet cotton is harder now. The Indians burn my colonies more often than the negroes do. :(

Tamas

ok people, spill it: is stuff easier/faster in the demo, or 15 months conversion time on Balkan provinces, and oversea culture-flip for 25 points will be the norm in the full game as well?

JonasSalk

Quote from: Fireblade on August 09, 2013, 10:21:06 AMAlso, I am playing Poland right now.  :ph34r:

How? You can only play Portugal, Austria, Venice, and Ottomans in the demo.
Yuman

Viking

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 09, 2013, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 09, 2013, 10:21:06 AMAlso, I am playing Poland right now.  :ph34r:

Arkansas Gyppo piracy...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
ok people, spill it: is stuff easier/faster in the demo, or 15 months conversion time on Balkan provinces, and oversea culture-flip for 25 points will be the norm in the full game as well?

If you're playing the tutorials, everything is hyperspeed. Outside of that, I think the game is how it will be at launch. That seems awfully fast.
Yuman

Fireblade

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 09, 2013, 04:54:37 PM

There are some very interesting things on the internet.  :zipped:

QuoteTo play as any country and for unlimited time, edit eu4.exe at the following offset using your favorite hex editor:

000C3688: 74 -> EB
00224D74: 74 -> EB
00224E6F: 26 -> 00
00224E94: 7E -> EB

Still no saves, console or other start dates so... buy it!!

Some shit about the demo bugs me (lol convert all Balkans to Islam in 5 years), but holy shit, after getting a more full experience, I think I might actually end up playing this more than CK2. And Steam says that I have 1000+ hours on that.

JonasSalk

All of my conversion times are way high at the beginning of the Ottoman campaign. 101 months for several provinces, 52 for a lot, 40 for Albania, with the rest being about 66. You can only send out one missionary at the beginning at a time, though, so how do you manage to convert it all in 5 years?
Yuman

Fireblade

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 09, 2013, 06:22:52 PM
All of my conversion times are way high at the beginning of the Ottoman campaign. 101 months for several provinces, 52 for a lot, 40 for Albania, with the rest being about 66. You can only send out one missionary at the beginning at a time, though, so how do you manage to convert it all in 5 years?

Dunno, I haven't seriously played the Ottomans, but I know some people have done it within the demo time frame.

JonasSalk

"or 15 months conversion time on Balkan provinces"

Tamas, where did you see this?
Yuman

Fireblade

So, gentlemen.. I take it we'll be MPing this soon? :)

garbon

I see they decided to keep the Zanj states named Swahili? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 09, 2013, 03:06:30 AM
Very enjoyable demo, I think we have a winner here. There is a possibility that the game is currently too easy in certain respects but it appears to me that simple modding of text files could cure a lot of this.

In my game as Portugal I really enjoyed the ability to make meaningful decisions. I decided from the start to ignore Morocco and its grotty bits of real estate (apart from keeping and converting and coring Ceuta and Tangier) and concentrate on building a colonial empire to facilitate trade profits. The policy in Europe was to ally with Spain but also to try and be friends with the other European powers. This worked well and I wasn't dragged into any European wars, I assisted Spain twice in their wars with North Africa's muslims though.

I was rather annoyed when the natives sacked and totally destroyed my colony of Luanda with its population of 962  :mad:

But by then we had a colony at the Cape and the beginnings of Empire in Brazil  :cool: .

Due to the concentration on peaceful development (I was even nice to the natives  :cool: ), Portugal in 1520 enjoyed cultural and religious unity, had good infrastructure and advanced tech, and was poised to start investigating the possibilities of diverting at least some of the Indian Ocean's trade our way.

I tried the demo as Portugal and my time to convert Tangiers was 101 months IIRC.  I wasn't clear on whether it was going to take that specific amount of time to happen (or fail) as in EUII, or if it was just the MTTH.  I'm still not, because something weird happened.  I checked back after a couple of years and my 2 North African provinces had gone back to being owned by Morocco.  I don't understand how that happened--I'd never been at war with Morocco, and I had an army there that was never attacked by rebels anything (in fact, it was still intact and not suffering attrition).  Not sure if it's a bug or some sort of feature that I don't understand.

garbon

Look a few pages earlier, your ally probably gave it up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.