News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

If you're a minor and some big bad tries to enforce peace on you, that's an incentive to make friends with the other big bads or with a series of minors, who can hopefully then swarm on the France Wasp like a bunch of bees and eventually overheat the bastard and make him stop.
Yuman

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on August 07, 2013, 03:54:08 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2013, 03:45:48 PM
thing is though, regarding MP, no matter how many players you have (below 30 or so) you will always have at least a couple on the edges who can rape assorted AI nations with impunity. Unless that enforce peace thing stops it now. We will see.

Well it's one of the perks of being a great power in EU4, if I take what PE wrote in his blog, and in any MP all great powers will most probably be players. So either the player on the edge settles for a smaller peace before a month, or his ass gets stomped.

Because of that, I highly suspect there will be house rules preventing Enforce Peace within a month, because it's not fun when you are a very minor power to be told "don't expand or I smash you" by a neighboring great power player. Everyone wants to be a contender in a MP game.

if you do that houserule, you might as well stick with eu3. And in general I hate house rules like that.

Richard Hakluyt

PSA : Demo is available from Steam  :cool:

garbon

So I started to play the tutorial, just the basic one so far. Feels like things have gotten pretty slick just from looking through the various screens / commands.

Also I'm embarrassed that I forgot about how spacebar became a pause key. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I tried Portugal, won Casablanca in a war and cored it the following year. Then a few years on it somehow transferred back to Morocco. I'm not sure what happened, but I'll write it of as demo-sickness or my incompetence.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Drakken

Since I have already pre-ordered the game it seems I am unable to download and install the demo. :(

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on August 08, 2013, 09:47:59 AM
Since I have already pre-ordered the game it seems I am unable to download and install the demo. :(

Actually I looked that up as I had same issue. Just exit and restart steam. Worked fine for me then.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 09:51:05 AM
Quote from: Drakken on August 08, 2013, 09:47:59 AM

Actually I looked that up as I had same issue. Just exit and restart steam. Worked fine for me then.

Worked as a charm for me too. :)

garbon

Quote from: Liep on August 08, 2013, 09:15:42 AM
I tried Portugal, won Casablanca in a war and cored it the following year. Then a few years on it somehow transferred back to Morocco. I'm not sure what happened, but I'll write it of as demo-sickness or my incompetence.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?706541-Province-random-cedes-back-Bug

Tamas

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 08, 2013, 09:15:42 AM

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?706541-Province-random-cedes-back-Bug

It's WAD, it seems England used the Return Core war demand in his peace with France+Portugal, which allows to force you to return provinces to its rightful owner.

garbon

Yeah, would make sense to let you know that clearly though.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 10:22:39 AM

Indeed. It could be a nice option to have in peace deals though. And will force you to actually try and save your allies so that they don't give away your land. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 10:22:39 AM

One of the devs said he will look it up. He confirmed it is not normal that there is no notification.