And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: ulmont on August 02, 2013, 09:46:31 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on August 02, 2013, 09:29:35 PM
Maybe multiplayer games won't involve a rapid land-grab on AI nations after all, then. Ulmont's famous 100+ infamy might actually be a hindrance.

:cry:

Yeah, the coalitions seem pretty much designed to stop that.

Not to mention the overextension penalties seems to be absolutely brutal. Even 5 provs can pretty much turn you impotent.

Tamas

Ideologue

Quote from: Cecil on August 03, 2013, 03:18:19 AM
Maybe multiplayer games won't involve a rapid land-grab on AI nations after all, then. Ulmont's famous 100+ infamy might actually be a hindrance.

Not to mention the overextension penalties seems to be absolutely brutal. Even 5 provs can pretty much turn you impotent.

Wow.  It just sounds like the funnest game on God's green Earth.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ulmont

Quote from: Ideologue on August 03, 2013, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: Cecil on August 03, 2013, 03:18:19 AM

Wow.  It just sounds like the funnest game on God's green Earth.

I think you can core your conquests a lot faster though, so it may even out somewhat.

garbon

Yeah sounds like you can core somewhere between 3-10 years (3 if you don't have any additional non core province), if you are willing to expand monarch power on that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

Part of me wants to play Portugal so I can avoid the Euro insanity and just focus on colonization, but then I worry that Spain would try to eat me alive at the earliest opportunity.  Part of me wants to play Denmark and make a Great Northern Empire out of Scandinavia, Finland, northern Germany, Iceland, Greenland, and large chunks of North America. Part of me also wants to play Russia and continuously curbstomp Muslims.

Decisions, decisions. We should probably prepare a MP game in advance. Dibs on not-France.
Yuman

Tamas

There is a "Peter Ebessen reunites the Eastern Empire in like 50 years" beta AAR out. It did reveal a nice thing for me though: enforced peace. a Great Power now can send an ultimatum to a minor to stop warring in the coming month or else the GP joins the war against the minor.

All I can say at this point is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts-iGixU

Maladict

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2013, 07:11:38 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2013, 05:29:03 AM
"Peter Ebessen reunites the Eastern Empire in like 50 years"

:bleeding:

yeah I don't get why they think this is a good way to advertise a HISTORICAL game.

garbon

My only guess would be that it is a truly "play any minors" game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2013, 07:31:56 AM
Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2013, 07:11:38 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2013, 05:29:03 AM
"Peter Ebessen reunites the Eastern Empire in like 50 years"

:bleeding:

yeah I don't get why they think this is a good way to advertise a HISTORICAL game.

So is a World Conquest with the Ryu-Kyus Islands, which PE is famously notorious for in EU3 to the point that Paradox made an achievement out of it.

You are complaining about a AAR from a guy who knows both the game mechanics and AI cycles so well that he can tweak his play and exploit them to his advantage in the minute detail, and even him admitted that he came close to be defeated (and destroyed) by the Ottomans. He got the lucky draw from the RNG (and a lifeline with his alliance with the Mamelukes), he could have very well have the other side and get in an unwinnable situation within 10 years.

With the average player, Byzantium is nigh-on condemned to be absorbed by the Ottomans.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2013, 08:16:58 AM
My only guess would be that it is a truly "play any minors" game.

Like all EU games since EU2.

Grallon

Is it official there won't be any other version than the Steam one?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

ulmont

Quote from: Grallon on August 07, 2013, 08:55:15 AM
Is it official there won't be any other version than the Steam one?

I think Johan's said it several times, along with things like "only 4% of people that bought CK2 bought the non-Steam version, and it still manages to cause over 50% of our technical support problems" (paraphrase).

Also can be seen here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?680450-Just-the-facts-ma-am-collected-information-from-the-devs-READ-BEFORE-POSTING!