News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2013, 10:03:19 AM
Not really a weakness at all if the human players are paying attention.
Yes, but the human players paying attentions also have AI land to grab.  Fighting humans is very dangerous, and playing the world's policeman will help everyone at policeman's expense.

Jaron

It really comes down to how well other players look at the big picture. Ignoring Austria now so you can focus on colonizing the Americas or conquer Italy is nice, but you'll always regret leaving an ambitious, powerful rival on your border.

It reminds me of those Here I Stand games. The ones that end quickly are the ones where players ignore each other and are pursuing their own VP scores. When players observe who is building up too powerful a position and switch their focus, the game stays balanced and competitive longer.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on June 02, 2013, 02:31:28 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2013, 10:03:19 AM
Not really a weakness at all if the human players are paying attention.
Yes, but the human players paying attentions also have AI land to grab.  Fighting humans is very dangerous, and playing the world's policeman will help everyone at policeman's expense.

Hopefully the new coalition mechanic will fix that.  That and the way the new coring system works.  I don't think people will always be annexing their crappy AI neighbors, now, or at least more slowly than they have in the past.

As for power-balancing, when we inevitably get an MP going, if I play a naval power I will go ahead and offer my services ahead of time to any war that is strictly about keeping the balance of power--especially when it comes to defending AI nations.  If more people are of that mindset, then the problem will be greatly diminished.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Release date is 13th of August. You can have musselmen events only if you cash out for the extra release-day DLC

Solmyr

Those musselmen events are extras apparently, nothing you can't live without. And in MP only the host needs to have DLC, everyone else gets what he has.

I'm up for a Languish MP, btw. I even promise to fight other players. :P

Shade

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Shade

DGuller

garbon

Now that I actually have my own internet, I could do MP. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

You fuckers start games at like 7am my time so think i will pass.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

:(  Many new players have been given a start in EU3 MP by filling in when katmai went MIA.

Berkut

I've never bought the EU series via Steam - how are they on updates and such?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2013, 10:13:00 AM
I've never bought the EU series via Steam - how are they on updates and such?

Very good at this point. Most recent DLC for CK2 was on steam by 10am EST on the day of release.

And today beta patch is out for steam before GG.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.