News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/a2a3f373caf

You can  get stuff for signing others up for the news letters.  DLC and what not.

Shameless plug of course.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

First three will be flown to Stockholm?  I don't want to take that chance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2013, 03:19:08 PM

Yeah, note that it doesn't say anything about a return trip.

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 28, 2013, 12:32:10 PM
http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/a2a3f373caf

You can  get stuff for signing others up for the news letters.  DLC and what not.

Shameless plug of course.

I supported my Pac-12 brother :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2013, 03:19:08 PM

:D

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Grallon

I see they have yet again recycled their old artwork... Why is it Paradox games are always so bland?  Except for CKII where they made an effort at revamping.

Anyway I'm not excited by this for some reason.  Seems like a big 'been there done that'.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Yeah, I can't believe they are using Sweden again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2013, 09:31:15 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 01, 2013, 12:14:55 PM
Cool 20-player MP game.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/not-here-make-friends-part-2-europa-universalis-iv-20-people

I liked the

"Someone should have killed him."

bit.
:yes: The Solmyr strategy of ignoring humans and demolishing AIs almost always wins.  That's the major weakness of multiplayer EU games:  it never pays to fight humans when there is plenty of AI land to grab.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on June 02, 2013, 03:37:49 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2013, 09:31:15 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 01, 2013, 12:14:55 PM
Cool 20-player MP game.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/not-here-make-friends-part-2-europa-universalis-iv-20-people

I liked the

"Someone should have killed him."

bit.
:yes: The Solmyr strategy of ignoring humans and demolishing AIs almost always wins.  That's the major weakness of multiplayer EU games:  it never pays to fight humans when there is plenty of AI land to grab.

Not really a weakness at all if the human players are paying attention.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Can't wait for another round of EU MP, this time with EU4.

The 3 ones were a lot of fun and I enjoyed taking some of the smaller powers and making them into financial powerhouses.

The most challenging part of the game for me is diplomacy. Last time I threw in my lot with ulmont, which seemed like a smart move, except his constant warmongering left his France poor, without manpower, and with a lot of enemies.

I should have sided with Berkut or whoever was playing England (I think it was Spooky? Something like that), except England wasn't too friendly either. They kept trying to take my land or expand into lands I wanted.

Playing a minor can be great, but very challenging. What is all the gold in the world worth when you can't defend it?
Winner of THE grumbler point.