News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: dps on November 28, 2012, 07:21:14 PM
I'm intrigued by your idea of turning the Balkans into an area unfit for human habitation (it wouldn't really take much change to get to that state, anyway).

That wasn't quite the idea, the existing population seems to do a pretty good job at that  even without outside help as you noted.  I was thinking more of a sustained policy of benign neglect. 

At least it would be benign for the neglectors.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Solmyr

Seriously, that Bosnian thread is still going. It should be linked to in the official dictionary.com definition of Balkantard or something.

Lettow77

I imagine a picture of Tito gently mothering all of the constituent balkanoids would do much to calm the atmosphere.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

:lol:

No, nothing can soothe Balkan types.  Serbians are the lowest form of person, and should be cleansed from the Earth on general principle.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Hey, where did they find that pic of my wife and kids?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

It comes to something when an argument on the company's forums is probably more entertainment than in the game released.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 01, 2012, 07:13:30 PM
I imagine a picture of Tito gently mothering all of the constituent balkanoids would do much to calm the atmosphere.

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on December 04, 2012, 05:31:57 PM
this hurts my brain :bleeding:

Thinking seems to cause that problem a lot in Eastern Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2012, 07:39:39 PM

Must be the lack of additional air pressure since we don't live in basements.

schaksen

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2012, 02:38:10 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2012, 07:39:39 PM

Must be the lack of additional air pressure since we don't live in basements.
Thin mountain air, explains a lot of other conflicts as well.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Drakken