News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

At least he was honest.
QuoteThere are people who are born in Bosnia , live in Bosnia , perhaps never been to Serbia at all , but still claim not to be Bosnian , that's the thing that I can't and don't want to understand
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Oh, boy, I bet the next war in the Balkans will start over a post at Paradox.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on November 27, 2012, 08:37:33 AM
Oh, boy, I bet the next war in the Balkans will start over a post at Paradox.

They will try to demonstrate in RL why Paradox maps should have borders the way they want.

Habbaku

QuoteNow, unless you have something meaningfull to add to the discussion of why Bosnia in the EUIV timeframe should have Bosnian culture or not, please stay out of it.

Even the thread's been ethnically-cleansed.   :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

They are coming out of the woodwork!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?649484-Serbia-as-Empire

QuoteWell in EU 3 i managed to actully beat the Otomans and make a Empire i ended owning a 1/4 of Europe but i would like to start strong so i do not waste time and by by the way Stefans are cursed in EU evry single one of them was a bad king for me and died in battle but maybe Paradox hates slavics or just does not like them to make a strong empire of serbia

:lmfao:

Maladict

Quote from: Solmyr on November 28, 2012, 04:20:16 AM
They are coming out of the woodwork!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?649484-Serbia-as-Empire

QuoteWell in EU 3 i managed to actully beat the Otomans and make a Empire i ended owning a 1/4 of Europe but i would like to start strong so i do not waste time and by by the way Stefans are cursed in EU evry single one of them was a bad king for me and died in battle but maybe Paradox hates slavics or just does not like them to make a strong empire of serbia

:lmfao:

Thread has been closed in style, for once.

QuoteThat's how we design games.

Step 1: Make sure there's no Serbian Empire
Stap 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

Thread Closed.

Martinus

My stealth-troll in this thread:

QuoteHow about giving the entire Balkan area a single culture (e.g. "Balkan" or "Yugoslavian") but making this culture unique so that:
- people of this culture always consider themselves to be of a different culture than the ruler even if the ruler is also of the "Balkan" culture (so essentially Balkan culture people hate each other, even if to the rest of the world they are just one culture),
- it gives a huge revolt risk modifier,
- it gives every Balkan culture ruler a claim on every other Balkan culture province.

:bowler:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2012, 05:20:53 AM
My stealth-troll in this thread:

QuoteHow about giving the entire Balkan area a single culture (e.g. "Balkan" or "Yugoslavian") but making this culture unique so that:
- people of this culture always consider themselves to be of a different culture than the ruler even if the ruler is also of the "Balkan" culture (so essentially Balkan culture people hate each other, even if to the rest of the world they are just one culture),
- it gives a huge revolt risk modifier,
- it gives every Balkan culture ruler a claim on every other Balkan culture province.

:bowler:

:thumbsup:

The Minsky Moment

Just make the whole area terra incognita.
Perhaps not precisely historical but aspirational.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Queequeg

You could probably split it in to South Slav and Bulgar, even if Bulgarians are South Slavs. Would probably be best to keep Serb-Croat-Slovene though.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 28, 2012, 09:57:13 AM

The ottomans need the balkans to march on vienna :contract:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

:lol:

Warspite

My proposed solution to the nightmare that was the Balkans during the Victoria beta was, essentially, the Gulf of Ljubljana.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

dps

I'm intrigued by your idea of turning the Balkans into an area unfit for human habitation (it wouldn't really take much change to get to that state, anyway).  Do you think that it could be applied to other areas?  In particular, I have in mind Iran and Korea.

Josquius

I like the solution of giving the whole thing a generic South Slavic culture.
Nationalism is largely a 19th century thing. Stands to reason that if Serbia conquered the entire area they would all be calling themselves Serbs today, if Bosnia did it they'd all be Bosnians, etc....

Some Austrians should start kicking up fuss on the paradox forum about Austria being given German culture. Would give the Balkantards an interesting outsiders view of their idiocy...
██████
██████
██████