News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 03:28:02 PM
Syt, I think what happened is you didn't wait for the truce with Granada to end before you attacked (the game starts with a truce in place).  As a result, when you attacked you took a big stability penalty and that explains all the rebellions.

Otherwise, you had a start I have never seen playing as Spain.

Nope, I did wait for the truce to expire (I'm not *that* inexperienced :P ). I think what did me in was the expulsion of the Moriscos which dumped me to -1 stab, and my shitty king (who I didn't disinherit at the start of the game), leading to the civil war.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on February 08, 2021, 05:05:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2021, 03:28:02 PM
Syt, I think what happened is you didn't wait for the truce with Granada to end before you attacked (the game starts with a truce in place).  As a result, when you attacked you took a big stability penalty and that explains all the rebellions.

Otherwise, you had a start I have never seen playing as Spain.

Nope, I did wait for the truce to expire (I'm not *that* inexperienced :P ). I think what did me in was the expulsion of the Moriscos which dumped me to -1 stab, and my shitty king (who I didn't disinherit at the start of the game), leading to the civil war.

Yeah, that would do it.

garbon

In a display of originality, EUIV is getting monuments the latest cribbing of CK2's wonders.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2021, 04:19:02 AM
In a display of originality, EUIV is getting monuments the latest cribbing of CK2's wonders.

Imperator announced the same in their dev diary :lol:

EDIT: to be fair, the one in Imperator looks a bit more involved:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

QuoteJohan Andersson
@producerjohan
First release from my new studio Paradox Tinto is now announced!

https://youtu.be/f0e8IdJqKZE

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1416420/Expansion__Europa_Universalis_IV_Leviathan/

QuoteEuropa Universalis IV: Leviathan introduces new diplomatic and economic tools that help small nations punch above their weight. Draw wealth and development to your capital while you curry favors with powerful neighbors. Leviathan also makes changes to colonial management, regencies and more.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Finally Sweden will be competitive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on February 09, 2021, 12:26:47 PM
Finally Sweden will be competitive.

nah, it means Syt's really gonna have a problem playing Spain v. Grenada.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

The Castilian Civil War is a common occurrence in the first decades. But if you know what to expect it is easy to win...

Syt

So I went back to the save game, managed to consolidate my debt and increase estate loyalty by selling monopolies (which will probably bite me in the ass later :P ), took back Granada, embraced the Renaissance and discovered America. Unfortunately, Portugal dragged me into a war with Moroccs that the Mamluks joined. So there's been a stand off between my 35k troops on one side of the Street of Gibraltar and 70k Muslims on the other side for the past years (I looked at signing a separate peace, but the terms aren't pretty).
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 09, 2021, 11:36:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2021, 04:19:02 AM

Imperator announced the same in their dev diary :lol:

EDIT: to be fair, the one in Imperator looks a bit more involved:

And feels like it makes more sense than this:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I haven't checked but is this going to be one of those "press new button to receive rewards with no downside" DLCs?

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2021, 03:57:43 AM

It wouldn't be the first time Stonehenge was relocated :)

It may have been built in Wales first, then moved to Wiltshire.

edit: also, building an ebony and ivory lighthouse in an inland Etruscan city, really?

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on February 11, 2021, 04:38:26 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2021, 03:57:43 AM

It wouldn't be the first time Stonehenge was relocated :)

It may have been built in Wales first, then moved to Wiltshire.

So relevance to EU4? ;)

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2021, 03:58:58 AM
I haven't checked but is this going to be one of those "press new button to receive rewards with no downside" DLCs?

If anything like the CK2 version, just a place to put excess money for some small benefits.