News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Wait until after he runs the marathon, and is tired out. Only then is it safe.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

garbon

56 new Native American tags being added as part of their re-work of native federations.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2020, 03:32:03 AM
56 new Native American tags being added as part of their re-work of native federations.

Essential update.

Josephus

Does anyone play natives? I thought about it once, back when the conquistadors update came out, but never did.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2020, 07:26:20 AM
Does anyone play natives? I thought about it once, back when the conquistadors update came out, but never did.

I guess if you've painted the world with all other nations they might be worth a go?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2020, 07:26:20 AM

I tried once, but it is very frustrating being completely dependent on effectively being assimilated to the ways of the colonizers.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on July 30, 2020, 12:18:29 PM
Currently playing 1.30 with Venice and I really enjoy it. So far, I am in the 1540s and have more or less destroyed the Ottomans and reached hegemony in Northern Italy. But Austria, France and the Man like are a threat.

So... Still not fun to play a small natio?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Last time I played, as France, trying to learn, I messed up one war and was in a death spiral by 1520s because everyone was like "France has no troops! Awesome! Let's invade!" :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Europa Universalis is celebrating its 20th anniversary. I checked my account on P'dox. I joined in April 2001, almost at the beginning.

Man, what a waste of life  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 20, 2020, 06:21:34 AM
Europa Universalis is celebrating its 20th anniversary. I checked my account on P'dox. I joined in April 2001, almost at the beginning.

Man, what a waste of life  :D

Surely only half a life?

The other half you're wasting here.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Come on. Sure, after gazillion of hours spent playing the 4 games (not to mention their other games following largely the same formula) I have longer and longer breaks between shorter and shorter times of playing EU, but the bloody thing felt revolutionary back in 1999/2000. It was a level of historical gaming I did not anticipate would come. Sure, a lot of it was in the player's head and I am increasingly unable to look past the deficiencies, but still. It was a fun ride.

Richard Hakluyt

Well we could have wasted it all on drink and women............damn........we really have screwed up  :(

Josephus

I have been pretty consistent in playing P'dox games since then, almost exclusively with the exception of Football Manager.
Every now and then, I'll buy something different, play it heavily for a month or so, and then go back to P'dox.

Right now I'll play some FM, before alternating daily between EUIV and CKIII
Civis Romanus Sum