News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

They have four games right now that probably sell better than Vic3 and I guess their capacity is limited.

Queequeg

Wait how do I make money now as a New World Colonizer? I went a bit nuts and conquered all of Mesoamerica as Castile by 1530 and now New Castile is mired in rebellion and I can't really even afford to make trade fleets.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

dps

QuotePrinting Press
This arrives after 1550, most likely in germany, but can happen in any protestant or reformed province. It will spread quickly in Protestant and Reformed territory, but also into capitals with dip tech 15.
Bonus: 5& Cheaper Stability
Penalty: 20%

Having the printing press increases stability?  That's nuts.

QuoteManufactories
This arrives after 1650 in a province with 30 development and a manufactory, and will spread quicker into provinces with manufactories.
Bonus: +10% Goods Produced
Penalty: 20%

So you've got to have manufactures to get manufactures?  Lol.  (Yeah, I understand that one is a building and one is an institution, but why give them the same name?  Call the institution "industrialization" or the like.).

Josquius

Anyone played recently?
Some nice new features, like creating a custom nation in game setup by default.
France still seems game ruiningly overpowered.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I've started recently as the Ottomans. Such a powerful state! Estates seem a bit silly as seems like a boring minigame to keep them happy. On the other hand, I do like the various events that crop up tied to them. Does make it feel a bit more like you've competing interests within your state.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I quite like the estates tbh. A problem with eu has always been that peace is too boring and has nothing to do. It's a step towards addressing that.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Yeah but it feels like a half measure. At no point, thus far, have I ever actually been concerned about my estates doing anything terrible to me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

garbon

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-11th-of-august-2016.962333/

Chrome, but appreciated. :)

In my recent Ottoman game, I was saved from 15 years of non-expansion when I got the women in history event that allowed me to replace a regency with Nurbanu Sultan. :cool:

QuoteWe have one vision for this patch and expansion, and that is to breakthru and make the organisational aspects of your country more interesting. In the june diary about ruler personalities we avoided talking about the empty spot at the court screen, but here goes.

In the next expansion, your king will get a queen. A queen is obviously named Consort or a government-specific name if you have a ruling Queen.

You have a chance to get a queen at any time you sign a royal marriage, and she will then be of the dynasty of the country of origin. There is also the chance of getting a queen of a local minor noble dynasty if you gain a heir without a current queen.

And when another one bites the dust, and you previously would have ended up with a regency, your queen will now head up the regency instead. In some governments this is not possible though, as they won't allow it due to other mechanics, like the Dutch Republic or Iqta.

The legitimacy when a queen is the highest of either the current heir, current legitimacy and the country she originated from.

One of the benefits of having a queen is that you will know in advance which stats you will get, and a personality which may give benefits. If another nation gets a queen from your nation, they will be viewing you slightly more favorably.

Same of you may say its a scandal the way the mechanics have worked since the release of original EU3, and have put us under pressure to change it. A Queen Regent will allow you do declare wars like normal during a regency.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2016, 07:47:05 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2016, 07:39:07 AM
So they're turning it into CK :lol:

It makes sense though.

Yep. Having some dynastic elements is one of the things missing from EUIV given the importance that still had during most of its period.

garbon

QuoteEuropa Universalis IV: Rights Of Man Announced

Today, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio announced the next expansion for their hit grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV.

Thomas Paine wrote that laws get their force from the consent of those who agree to live under them. It is in this spirit of that Paradox Development Studio continues expand and improve Europa Universalis IV, with the upcoming Rights of Man.

This expansion to Paradox Development Studio's best-selling historical strategy game introduces a number of small changes that add up to a deeper and more dynamic experience. Near the top of this list is the Great Power mechanic, where the most developed nations have access to new diplomatic options to bully or entice weaker neighbors. Keep that development going, or lose the powers you paid a high price for.

Rights of Man also adds a little more character to your monarchs, as they acquire traits that will give bonuses (or penalties) to your country, and affect how rival nations approach you. Beware the conqueror next door, but be nice to the generous king across the river - he may have some gold to spare in your time of need.

Other features coming in Rights of Man include:

• New goals for Coptic and Fetishist religions
  • Greater control over adopting new cultures in your empire
  • Leader Traits giving battle hardened commanders added prowess
  • More detailed military instructions for Subject Nations
  • Revolutionary Republics now have Factions to balance
  • Ottoman Empire gets new Harem Politics events and options
  • AND MUCH MUCH MORE

As usual, the release of Rights of Man will be accompanied by a free update for all Europa Universalis IV players – and this one will have the first major overhaul of the technology system since launch.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2016, 08:13:46 AM
Yep. Having some dynastic elements is one of the things missing from EUIV given the importance that still had during most of its period.
:yes:

I'm really looking forward to this change.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-september-2016.966295/

Is Paradox really taking even more steps from a historical game toward a number-juggling abstract strategy game, or I am just getting old and grumpy?

Highlights:
-OP new government form for Prussia
-pay 50 prestige to reroll your heir
-pay 100 military point to make better whatever is sub-optimal in your realm

:huh: