Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Apparently this is from an EU mod. :lmfao:

DGuller

That Ukraine thing is not funny.  :mad:

Zanza

Hmm, limiting electors to monarchies doesn't represent the EU very well. Surely Angela Merkel should be empress.

Sophie Scholl

So I splurged and got the new expansion.  I'm already pissed/disappointed in the new "custom nation" tool.  It's limited by a point system and you can't simply edit existing countries.  Also, the flag options suck. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Liep

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 26, 2015, 05:46:04 PM
So I splurged and got the new expansion.  I'm already pissed/disappointed in the new "custom nation" tool.  It's limited by a point system and you can't simply edit existing countries.  Also, the flag options suck. <_<

Me too, went with Castille. The new exploration gimmick isn't making things less tedious, the opposite actually. So much clicking. :( Land exploration is easier though, and the hunt for the cities of gold is mildly amusing.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Apparently Arumba (a YouTuber, often teaming up with quill18, he likes to Min/Max things and numbercrunch) threw a hissy fit on his stream yesterday about how P'dox snuck in an AI cheat for attrition in the new patch and got really annoyed with them.

Turns out it was a bug. There's a hotfix now, together with a few other things:

Quote- Japanese Daimyos no longer start at high liberty desire in 1444.

- After Privilegia is revoked, Imperial vassals will no longer have hundreds of liberty desire from relative power to liege.

- AI now gets the correct amount of attrition.

- Manual exploration is now enabled for everyone.

- Fixed a bug that was causing countries warning you to be called in even when not declaring war on their neighbours.

- Europe will now properly get tradegoods in Custom Setup.

- Fixed some inconsistencies in Aggressive Expansion between tooltip and actual effect.

- Disabled most nation forming decisions for Custom Nations to prevent player-made AI nations from tag switching.

- Consolidate Regiments button will correctly enable to let you maximize the number of full strength regiments (as it was before).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

QuoteFree EU4 Add-on Brings the Great Women of History

STOCKHOLM – The pages of history books are filled with the stories of great men – but also great women: artists, authors, councilors, and rulers. WouldTenochtitlan have fallen without the language skills of Malinche guiding Cortez? Had the reign of Edward IV not been cut short by illness, wouldEngland have still ruled the seas, deprived of the strong hand of Elizabeth I?

To mark International Women's Day (March 8th) Paradox Development Studio has created a free update for Europa Universalis IV, adding 100 great women of history to the game. Each character can be generated through event triggers (a weak regency, a colonial empire, certain ideas, etc.). Players will then have choices about how to use this talented woman. Some may join your court as advisors, some might be suitable for riskier employment as rulers or leaders.

Thomas Johansson, the head of Paradox Development Studio, says that this DLC does something important for the company's flagship title. "It's no surprise that the role of women in history isn't as well known as that of men," Johansson says. "Europa Universalis, admittedly, hasn't done a lot to foreground their contributions. We thought that International Women's Day was the best time to do a little bit to help balance the scales and introduce our audience to some very interesting people." The DLC will contain the following features:
•One Hundered new events for important women in history such as Queen Elizabeth I, Caterina Sforza and Sophie Germain.
•Female advisors can appear at your court in place of their male counterparts.
•Female portaits for all 22 advisor types in the game.

The Women's History DLC is free for all Europa Universalis IV players and will be available on March 8th, 2015.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

One hundred events for Elizabeth I?  Finally a game my wife could get excited about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Truth be told, I like the concept.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on March 06, 2015, 11:59:55 AM
Truth be told, I like the concept.

I am only surprised they did not have female advisors before.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Well the DLC is free, so the worth of getting it or not is moot, and patch 1.11 is also due to be made available on Sunday.

garbon

With this revival of dev diaries every week, it sounds like Johan is going at EU4 with an aim of completely re-working how the game plays...:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2015, 04:14:46 PM
With this revival of dev diaries every week, it sounds like Johan is going at EU4 with an aim of completely re-working how the game plays...:hmm:

Which makes it really difficult for those of us who aren't immersed in the game and don't play it every day. No sooner do you get the rules, then he changes them around.

The new ones with the forts may make taking territory unnecessary difficult i think
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

chipwich

I wish I didn't read dev diaries, I don't want to play the game until the fort and combat changes are in.

garbon

Common Sense seems like a kinda funny name for an expansion. :D