And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2015, 12:02:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 14, 2015, 11:29:32 AM
Viking, if the rules are  "simple, absolute and objective" why is there also a need to be "fair".  It should just be a matter of doing whatever the simple, absolute and objective rule compels the players to do and everyone would immediately understand that the outcome is dictated by the rule.  The fact that you need to be fair and have a system of consultation makes me think the rules are not as simple, absolute or objective as you might think.

For every issue outside the rules, where to place new players, the nature and size of fines, the ruling on the Mameluke vassalization issue, how much time to give one side to list it's terms before threatening with fines or enforced white peace, on the fly "re-interpretations" for issues not covered by the rules (e.g. the GH 1v1 war vs Ruthenia with the Superiority CB, what could he demand; answer: Humiliation).

Though, I get the impression you didn't even try reading them, you just chose to be snarky because...

I see, so the rules have holes and the issue of you being the most powerful player and the GM is not such a non issue.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2015, 07:43:54 AMI am GM and I am playing and my country is the largest and most powerful one

Oh I don't think that's a good combination.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Viking

Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 16, 2015, 09:28:05 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 14, 2015, 07:43:54 AMI am GM and I am playing and my country is the largest and most powerful one

Oh I don't think that's a good combination.

Of course it's a good combination, I have to be careful to avoid the inevitable coalition.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 17, 2015, 12:08:29 PM
:hmm:

When one is drunk with power it is hard to see what everyone else can.

Josephus

EU IV "announcement" tomorrow.

Another expansion? This mean Art of War goes on sale?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on January 19, 2015, 12:41:25 PM
EU IV "announcement" tomorrow.

Another expansion? This mean Art of War goes on sale?

Yep, and it's possible. Doesn't Steam usually do a winter sale in February?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Played a bit as France over the weekend.  I am now at the stage where I normally quit having incorporated Burgundy, Brittany and my vassals into the realm.  At this point in the game - other than incorporating Savoy what is there to do other than colonize?

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 19, 2015, 02:29:06 PM
Played a bit as France over the weekend.  I am now at the stage where I normally quite having incorporated Burgundy, Brittany and my vassals into the realm.  At this point in the game - other than incorporating Savoy what is there to do other than colonize?
Yeah, I would imagine playing as France may get a little boring after a while.  Not sure why.  :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

Played a bit as France over the weekend.  I am now at the stage where I normally quit having incorporated Burgundy, Brittany and my vassals into the realm.  At this point in the game - other than incorporating Savoy what is there to do other than colonize?

Conquer Castile, Aragon, and Portugal, then invade North Africa. Or go the other direction and crush zee Germans.  Or do all at once and see if you can pull it off.

I dunno, I stopped after getting the northern part of the peninsula and am trying a game as Byzantium, which I have changed to "Roman Empire."

Sophie Scholl

Go innovative and Humanist, then convert to a Democracy or Republic as early as possible.  Then proceed to turn the rest of Europe and the world into Democracies... by whatever means necessary!  Become the US before the US exists! :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

Enjoyed my game as Timurids/Mughals. Made a few mistakes here and there, but it was a fun challenge.

I think my next game is going to be as a colonial power, probably Portugal, colonizing a random new world. Haven't done that yet. Just for laughs
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Solmyr

New expansion: El Dorado.

Expanded Mesoamerican and S. American gameplay, exploration, nation designer.

garbon

Nice they are finally adding idea of dynamic Treaty of Tordesillas.

That said it seems like they continue to dodge the often asked for - mechanics for things to do will at peace.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Just out of curiosity, it the peace mechanism in EUIV as dodgy as it sometimes is in EUIII?