News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do I lose 5 pounds in 7 days?

Started by merithyn, August 09, 2012, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

One of those really deep, far-reaching enemas (not really serious).

katmai

Has anyone suggested amputation yet?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on August 09, 2012, 03:36:00 PM
Has anyone suggested amputation yet?

I just assumed that that kind of operation wouldn't heal sufficiently inside 7 days to look good on a physical.

Ed Anger

I usually drop a pants size after a good dump.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2012, 03:40:20 PM
I usually drop a pants size after a good dump.

I seem to recall Meri suggesting something of this type to Jaron a while back.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on August 09, 2012, 09:03:56 AM
So how do I do this and not derail my entire diet/exercise plan? Or worse, make myself sick? Am I going to have to cut my calories drastically for the next week to make this happen? And what affect will that have on me once I go back to eating normally?

laxatives, tons of it.  They will not only clean out anything left in your intestines, but they will dehydrate you as well.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but dehydration is the surest bet.  Human body stores a shitload of water.  Speaking of shitloads, laxatives wouldn't hurt either.

katmai

Yeah i dropped like 8 lbs over Christmas fighting the bout of bronchitis

Siege

Quote from: merithyn on August 09, 2012, 09:03:56 AM
Next week, I'm scheduled to have a new job physical. This physical will set my health insurance rates, so it's kind of a big one for me. The problem is that I am five pounds too heavy to qualify for the better rates. It doesn't matter that I'm a fairly solid girl, or that my body fat isn't as high as my weight would have you believe. What matters is that on the BMI scale, I am obese.

Because they only allow you to update these numbers once every six months, if I do not lose five pounds by next Thursday, I will be stuck paying a 10% "penalty" for six months. I'm infuriated by this, but it's company policy, so there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Funnily enough, I work for a health insurance company. *rolls eyes*

So how do I do this and not derail my entire diet/exercise plan? Or worse, make myself sick? Am I going to have to cut my calories drastically for the next week to make this happen? And what affect will that have on me once I go back to eating normally?

Didn;t read your post, too much lite beer.
But my 2 centx:

This is for the whole 6 days out of the 7 days, since I would neve r recoment to work out on shabbat.

5 pull ups, 10 dips, 15 elevated push ups, 20 sit ups, 25 air squads.
Do it 10 times.
Then run 2 miles at combat speed.

Do this for 6 days, and you wil definitively lose more than 5 lbs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Doing 25 air squads, even once, would indeed lose you quite a bit of weight.  Not sure how Max would feel about that, though. :unsure:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

I aint drunk. I'm steel posting, I am not?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 09, 2012, 05:11:40 PM
Siegy posting drunk.  :lol:

I imagine his wife will come in and find half a can of Millerlite and Siege passed out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Meri, I wouldn't try to improvise a technique that involves drugs (even over the counter stuff). I'd find a boxing or wrestling forum and follow some of their techniques, with the knowledge not to push things too far because they are athletes probably used to some of the methods. And being boxers and wrestlers, they may not have the best judgment anyway.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on August 09, 2012, 06:15:54 PM
And being boxers and wrestlers, they may not have the best judgment anyway.

:glare: