News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Income Properties

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 07, 2012, 04:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2012, 12:12:58 PM
Brush up on squatter and eviction laws.  That shit takes forever.
My aunt is a doctor who runs her own practice out of her own building.  Said building has 3 apartments on top.

Being the lawyer in the family, at lest once a year I talk with her about some legal issue she's having with those tenants.  And I'd probably get more if I wasn't two provinces away.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

My father had a house he was renting to a couple. The wife got the husband started on drugs and eventually kicked him out. He in turn burnt down my father's house when he saw his ex-wife was now with an 18-year old from the neighborhood.

The other house he rented smelled like a cat piss for a bit until he had the carpeting re-done.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Okay, shouldn't rent to family then.  Or at least garbon's family.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 07, 2012, 12:42:44 PM
Okay, shouldn't rent to family then.  Or at least garbon's family.

He didn't rent his properties to family.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I did leave out though that his insurance paid for his burnt house to be re-built and he was able to redesign part of it - so he actually ended up with a nicer (though comparable in value) property at the end of that.