Guys--would you take a male birth control pill?

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 06, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you go on the male pill?

Yes
19 (63.3%)
No
4 (13.3%)
Non-issue because I'm gay/lesbian or just not getting any
6 (20%)
I'm a woman and would love to have him take it instead
1 (3.3%)
I'm a woman and do not want him to take it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2012, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 07:00:14 PM
Male birth control pills wouldn't prevent the spread of STDs.  Which you shouldn't be allowed to test for at home, anyway.

True always better to be forced to get that disappointed look from the clinician when they ask you how many partners you've had in the last year.

Somehow, I think you would relish in that disappointed look. "And 2011 wasn't even a personal best!"  :P

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2012, 12:11:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2012, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 07:00:14 PM
Male birth control pills wouldn't prevent the spread of STDs.  Which you shouldn't be allowed to test for at home, anyway.

True always better to be forced to get that disappointed look from the clinician when they ask you how many partners you've had in the last year.

Somehow, I think you would relish in that disappointed look. "And 2011 wasn't even a personal best!"  :P

I don't and I was fairly well-behaved in 2011. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2012, 11:39:52 AM
I think it's still too early to celebrate. She's only 4 days late. I'm unsure how long we need to wait before a test.

I dont know how long to wait before a test.  But generally there is a three month rule on announcing the results.  After that its a pretty safe bet to let the world know.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 07, 2012, 12:33:25 PM
I think it's still too early to celebrate. She's only 4 days late. I'm unsure how long we need to wait before a test.

I dont know how long to wait before a test.  But generally there is a three month rule on announcing the results.  After that its a pretty safe bet to let the world know.

Yeah, I heard that. I don't respect many rules.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2012, 12:35:36 PM

:D

Barrister

Suit yourself.

I think I had to really awkwardly tell you guys about the baby that wasn't.  Not fun.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Yes, but 4 days? That might be just because she drank too much orange juice. I take it she's one of those who thinks she has clockwork periods?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

It wasn't announcement, it was me making a joke because taking male control pill is too late for me.

She doesn't have a clockwork period. For the first kid it went : Stop Pill, 4 week, 9 weeks, 6 weeks, Pregnant.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.