Guys--would you take a male birth control pill?

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 06, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you go on the male pill?

Yes
19 (63.3%)
No
4 (13.3%)
Non-issue because I'm gay/lesbian or just not getting any
6 (20%)
I'm a woman and would love to have him take it instead
1 (3.3%)
I'm a woman and do not want him to take it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

Right. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.  :rolleyes:
I know of two :ph34r: and in my acquaintance group not many people are getting pregnant so it's a disturbingly high percentage.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Right. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.  :rolleyes:

If there is an understanding that one person is supposed to be doing something important like be on the pill and they are not that is a pretty big trust violation.

QuoteWhich actually makes my point for me. If there were a pill for men, no one would ever need to hear those accusations again.

Oh so if the shoe was on the other foot and the man lied about being on the pill the woman would be overjoyed she got pregnant against her wishes?  I did not realize only men got upset about being lied to.  Women are cool with it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

I would rather take a manwhore pill than get my junk cut on or have another kid.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on August 07, 2012, 10:52:22 AM
I would rather take a manwhore pill than get my junk cut on or have another kid.

But they are so cute :wub:

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2012, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: sbr on August 07, 2012, 10:52:22 AM

But they are so cute :wub:

They are and I love kids but no way, I am done.  I'm almost 42; my oldest is off to colllge this year and my youngest is 16.5 and a junior.  No way in hell am I starting over with diapers and teething toys and car seat or any of that crap.

Grey Fox

I think my GF is preggo again. It's too late for me!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I think it's still too early to celebrate. She's only 4 days late. I'm unsure how long we need to wait before a test.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 07:00:14 PM
Male birth control pills wouldn't prevent the spread of STDs.  Which you shouldn't be allowed to test for at home, anyway.

True always better to be forced to get that disappointed look from the clinician when they ask you how many partners you've had in the last year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 07, 2012, 10:01:32 AM
I'd think you'd get more of them.
"I'm pregnant it seems!"
"You said you were on the pill! You lying bitch!"
"ME?!?! It was you who said you were on the pill you stupid cunt!"

Stupid gets as stupid does.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2012, 10:09:59 AM

If there is an understanding that one person is supposed to be doing something important like be on the pill and they are not that is a pretty big trust violation.

QuoteWhich actually makes my point for me. If there were a pill for men, no one would ever need to hear those accusations again.

Oh so if the shoe was on the other foot and the man lied about being on the pill the woman would be overjoyed she got pregnant against her wishes?  I did not realize only men got upset about being lied to.  Women are cool with it?

You're assuming that the accusation is true. I'm saying that whether or not it is, men are awfully quick to claim it and put the blame anywhere but on themselves (or on the fact that pills aren't 100% full-proof). If there is a male pill, then they could take care of themselves each, meaning that if they ended up pregnant it would be BOTH of their faults.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...