Guys--would you take a male birth control pill?

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 06, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you go on the male pill?

Yes
19 (63.3%)
No
4 (13.3%)
Non-issue because I'm gay/lesbian or just not getting any
6 (20%)
I'm a woman and would love to have him take it instead
1 (3.3%)
I'm a woman and do not want him to take it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2012, 08:20:14 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on August 06, 2012, 06:26:49 PM
The birth control balance of power responsibility needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

Agreed.

Once again, women prove to be women's worst enemies.  Go ahead, abdicate the only real leverage you have for social and sexual equality in this society.
becoming baby momma's?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
Once again, women prove to be women's worst enemies.  Go ahead, abdicate the only real leverage you have for social and sexual equality in this society.

You don't think I'd rely on the guy, do you? Oh, fuck no. I'd be on the pill, too, and we'd be using condoms until he tested clean for a year.

Nonetheless, I'm sick as hell of men crying foul whenever their fuck-buddy gets knocked up. "She tricked me!" Yeah, well, now you've got no one to blame but yourself. :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadImmortalMan

For Seedy, all relationships are about adversarial power. Especially sexual ones.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Drakken

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on August 06, 2012, 06:26:49 PM
Of course.  Why rely on others to take their whore pills, when you can have the peace of mind of doing it yourself?  The birth control balance of power needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

It already is.  It's called the facial.  Look it up.  No, seriously, look it up, it's on Wikipedia.

(I've done this bit before, but I like it. :P )

Anyway, yeah, my main objection to (female) birth control pills is my inability to trust someone to take it properly.  On the other hand, I'm certainly not sure that I am capable of compliance myself, but at least it's under my control.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2012, 09:20:17 PM
Nonetheless, I'm sick as hell of men crying foul whenever their fuck-buddy gets knocked up. "She tricked me!" Yeah, well, now you've got no one to blame but yourself. :contract:

Yeah how dare anybody be upset about a major breach of trust in a relationship...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2012, 09:35:29 AM

Yeah how dare anybody be upset about a major breach of trust in a relationship...

Right. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.  :rolleyes:

Which actually makes my point for me. If there were a pill for men, no one would ever need to hear those accusations again.

Ed Anger

QuoteRight. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.

Yep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2012, 09:43:52 AM

QuoteRight. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.

Yep.

Man. Your wife has you totally fooled. :D

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

Right. Because that's what it is every time a woman gets pregnant, a trick.  :rolleyes:

Which actually makes my point for me. If there were a pill for men, no one would ever need to hear those accusations again.

Precisely, ever since feminism happened and we men stopped owning our wives and children and they started owning us every single pregnancy on earth has been a trick.  :P
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

One cannot exaggerate how stupid this Koala is, not only was he duped by the female of the species, the slut probably got him infected with chlamydia.  2011 surveys in Queensland show that chlamydia has caused symptoms in at least 50 percent of the koala population.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

I'd think you'd get more of them.
"I'm pregnant it seems!"
"You said you were on the pill! You lying bitch!"
"ME?!?! It was you who said you were on the pill you stupid cunt!"
██████
██████
██████