News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your Place Of Birth.

Started by mongers, August 03, 2012, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 06:32:13 PM
I was born out of my mother's vagina.  It never occurred to me to try to get back in.

That would be 'In Through The Out Door', something which is midly amusing if played in supermarkets.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2012, 06:19:18 PM
So your legal name is Viking Helgasdottir?  :lol:

I got that fixed, but I have a letter from the embassy attached to my birth certificate... fortunately for me both my grandfathers had the same name so it isn't really complicated.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2012, 06:36:30 PM

I got that fixed, but I have a letter from the embassy attached to my birth certificate... fortunately for me both my grandfathers had the same name so it isn't really complicated.

[Border immigration official 1]

He's one of those weird Icelanders, just nod and wave him thru, otherwise it can turn into a real saga as he explains his linaage back 23 generations.

[/Border immigration official 1]

Viking

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2012, 06:41:05 PM

He's one of those weird Icelanders, just nod and wave him thru, otherwise it can turn into a real saga as he explains his linaage back 23 generations.

33 :blush:

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2012, 06:41:55 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2012, 06:41:05 PM

33 :blush:

Well that's about 30 more than mine.  :bowler:

ulmont

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2012, 05:40:56 PM
Where were your born; have you ever been back to the place ?

So what part if any has you're place of birth played in your life following your birth ?

Sure, I've been back; it was the biggest hospital anywhere near where I grew up.  What role has it played?  Sweet fuck-all, other than showing up for others being born or dying.

Viking

I'm named after both my grandfathers, so the name on the birth certificate is

Viking Vikingsdottir

sbr

I was born in St Louis Missouri, no idea which hospital I was too young to remember.  My mom's side of the family is still there so I have been back many times, used to be every summer growing up, now just for weddings and funerals.

The only impact has been my choice in pro sports teams.

Monoriu

I was born in a hospital and I've been there dozens of times. 

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 03, 2012, 07:05:19 PM
I was born in St Louis Missouri, no idea which hospital I was too young to remember.  My mom's side of the family is still there so I have been back many times, used to be every summer growing up, now just for weddings and funerals.

Where are you from in St. Louis?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

The top levels are new. not sure why they changed the motif. makes the building look weird.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.  It was named something different back then, Monterey General Hospital or something.  Lots of trees there.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 07:15:05 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 03, 2012, 07:05:19 PM

Where are you from in St. Louis?

My family is in South St Louis County and have lived there as long as I can remember.  My cousins went to Oakville High School.

garbon

Yes many times though not to the hospital.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

St. David's Hospital in Downtown Austin.  I have been in a couple times since and I drive by it twice a day to and from work.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."