News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Medical Group w/Membership Fees

Started by garbon, August 02, 2012, 06:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Have any of you ever heard about this before? Every few months I get a a mailer telling me I should join this medical group that has a low annual fee of $199.  Now of the office featured in the ad looks very svelte but I'm not exactly sure why an average person would shell out dough for an "exclusive" medical group.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Neil

Sounds like a scam.  Kind of like 'Health Savings Accounts'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2012, 06:49:23 PM
Now of the office featured in the ad looks very svelte but I'm not exactly sure why an average person would shell out dough for an "exclusive" medical group.

Sounds a lot like a variation on the new boutique/concierge model some doctors are going to:  you pay a premium to remain as a patient with them.

My primary care physician for many years jumped ship on his practice and joined one--but fuck if I was going to spend the $1,500 a year just to remain on his patient list.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Usually they have a bunch of services in one location. Ease of use and all that.

I'm leery of them, as I'd assume they would just pass you on to the other doctors in their group and I would be bullshitted to death. Literally.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive