Future Olympic Sports - What Should Be In And What Out ?

Started by mongers, August 01, 2012, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Agree that the only sports that should be allowed are ones where the Oympics is the biggest event.

Get rid of football (replace with indoor 5 a-side) and tennis. Golf should not be allowed. Reforming boxing or get rid.

Bring in 20/20 cricket, rugby sevens. Baseball if it's workable.

No syncronised shit.

Valdemar

Quote from: Tyr on August 01, 2012, 08:49:40 PM
Ice hockey is an interesting one in that the olympics there have truly become recognised as the pinacle of the game. There isn't an ice hockey world cup that I know of, instead you have the winter olympics which serves the same purpose as the world cup does for football fans.

There is an icehockey WC every second year and NHL pros gets released form their clubs to play unless they are injured or in the stanley cup playoffs

It is timed so the regular tournament of NHL is over.

V

Martinus

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2012, 04:56:06 AM
As long as they keep dressage in, I'm happy.

Denmark's up now. Our royal competitor is killing it with Clearwater. :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on August 02, 2012, 05:04:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2012, 04:56:06 AM
As long as they keep dressage in, I'm happy.

Denmark's up now. Our royal competitor is killing it with Clearwater. :w00t:

How's Rafalca doing?

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on August 01, 2012, 10:54:15 PMI don't know about handball, but in basketball I think there will be difficulty in setting up a tournament that people care about/stars participate in outside of the Olympic framework. The Olympics bring their own credibility.

Ahem, ahem.

Octavian

MMA wouldn't work. They would be forced to wear helmets which will hamper the ground game and there would probably also be restrictions to the use of elbows and knees. Especially since there would be several fights each fighter would have to go through.

Instead they could introduce karate, kick boxing and brazillian Juijutsu.

I don't have a problem with olympic boxing or different weight classes and I don't understand why people wanna change that. It's a great way for amateur boxers to compete at a high level internationally. Not every boxer wants to go pro.

Besides there's a huge difference between what type of boxing you see between the weight classes which is why different weight classes are also to be found in pro boxing and pro MMA etc. 

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 01, 2012, 09:43:43 PM
Also, add:

- Sumo
- Dodgeball
- Jousting
- Polo

At least one of those is serious. :P

Yeah.  Sumo.

What the fuck was that sport that they were playing the other day, looks like indoor soccer, but they throw the ball?  Like hardwood water polo?  WTF kind of sport is that? 
It looked like that retarded sport they invented for Battlestar Galactica from the 70s.

Anyway, I couldn't figure it out.  It's stupid.  Dump it.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Dump field hockey also. My back hurts just watching those players run while hunched over.

Valdemar

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 06:45:56 AM
Handball. And yes, it is ultra-retardo.

you want to introduce American football and baseball, but exclude handball?  :cry:

V

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valdemar on August 02, 2012, 06:49:19 AM

you want to introduce American football and baseball, but exclude handball?  :cry:

V

I don't want American football. American football is American and therefore not suitable.

Softball chicks hitting a giant ball while I perv at the skinny Cali girls in the field? AWESOME.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 06:51:04 AM
Softball chicks hitting a giant ball while I perv at the skinny Cali girls in the field? AWESOME.

UC! *clapclap* LA! 

Yeah, I can dig it.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 02, 2012, 08:19:20 AM

It's not different than Basketball.
Basketball is way more retarded.  Every team seems to leave their net empty all the time.  No wonder every team scores dozens of goals each game.