News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on March 05, 2015, 10:06:01 AM
Just be glad it only depicts the bear licking Putin's face.

In Putin's Russia, the Bear finds you....

Jacob

Quote from: KRonn on March 05, 2015, 01:34:42 PM

... bear finds you DELICIOUS!!!

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2015, 01:55:29 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 05, 2015, 01:34:42 PM

... bear finds you DELICIOUS!!!

Yeah but they generally don't actually eat you. More like suck you dry and then want to eat some lunch with you. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

http://rt.com/politics/238325-nato-seeks-maidan-russia/

QuoteNATO seeks regime change in Russia - envoy

The latest statements by the deputy head of NATO testify to the fact that the leaders of the bloc want to intervene in Russia's internal politics, and are "dreaming of Russian Maidan." This is the view of Russia's permanent envoy to NATO.

"The speech in Riga demonstrates the concern about Russia's democracy and internal policy. At last, now we know that NATO has a dream, and this dream is a Maidan in Russia," Aleksandr Grushko said in comment that was tweeted through the Russian representation office in the alliance.

Grushko referred to the words of NATO's deputy secretary general, Alexander Vershbow, who had told a conference in the Latvian capital Riga that President Vladimir Putin's "aim seems to be to turn Ukraine into a failed state and to suppress and discredit alternative voices in Russia, so as to prevent a Russian 'Maidan.'" Both officials used the Ukrainian word 'Maidan' to describe a string of protest actions that eventually turned into mass unrest and the ousting of the legally elected president and parliament.

"By demonizing Russia, NATO creates a virtual reality, disconnecting itself from real threats to security," the Russian envoy said.

Grushko added that NATO itself has used "hybrid warfare" against foreign states and now the alliance is attempting to accuse Russia of starting such a war in Ukraine.

"NATO has a long history of hybrid operations. Any country or organization can take a lesson from it. We have earlier seen these signs of military intimidation, hidden involvement, weapons supplies,economic blackmail, diplomatic duplicity, mass media manipulations and open disinformation," the Russian envoy stated.

"The statement made in Riga is yet another set of arguments seeking only to justify NATO's confrontational attitude to Russia," he said.

"It is not likely that NATO has the right to consider itself the sole source of truth. The alliance has repeatedly discredited itself by spreading false information both about its own behavior and about the actions of others," Grushko said in conclusion. "Not many will follow NATO's advice to return to the times of the Cold War," he forecasted.

In October last year, Grushko urged Western nations to acknowledge their policy faults and improve relations with Russia.

"We and our Western partners, first of all Europe, must recognize that their policies of the past few years are only deepening the dividing lines between Russia and Europe, and this is extremely dangerous," the Russian diplomat said. "The West must eventually acknowledge the fact that the mechanical implementation of its recent policies is leading itself into a dead end."

I love the logic.

"Putin is taking fire prevention measures."
"ZOMG NATO wnats to torch Russia!!!111oneeleven"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The Russian Officials say things that are so insane you just have to shake your head.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 10:11:58 AM
The Russian Officials say things that are so insane you just have to shake your head.

Shake your head twice because that insanity is lapped up by the public who believe the stuff!   :huh:

Or probably they choose to believe it because the truth of what's going on will make their heads explode.

CountDeMoney

I don't know if Russia is becoming more like your average Russian chick, or if Russian chicks are just like Mother Russia:  high maintenance, jealous to the point of paranoia and overall just pretty fucking full of themselves.

Jacob

It seems to me that they're following the (now) old playbook of projecting their own tactics on others and denouncing them.

Makes sense... it shifts the narrative, makes objective assessment harder, and if they're ever busted it's in the context of "everyone does it" not "we're doing something uniquely terrible."

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2015, 03:36:25 PM
It seems to me that they're following the (now) old playbook of projecting their own tactics on others and denouncing them.

Makes sense... it shifts the narrative, makes objective assessment harder, and if they're ever busted it's in the context of "everyone does it" not "we're doing something uniquely terrible."
I think that is exactly right. :yes: All this blah-blah about false flag attacks does make me wonder again about blown up apartment buildings in 1999.

Syt

The system works!

http://rt.com/news/238653-suspects-nemtsov-murder-detained/

Quote2 suspects in Nemtsov murder detained - FSB chief

Two suspects in the high-profile murder of opposition politician Boris Nemtsov have been detained, the Federal Security Service (FSB) reported.

According to FSB chief Aleksandr Bortnikov, the suspects were identified as Anzor Gubashev and Zaur Dadayev.

Bortnikov said both suspects come from Russia's southern region of the North Caucasus, a wretched hive of scum and villainy restive place with insurgency and crime problems.

The investigation into the crime is ongoing, he added, speaking to Russian media.

Nemstov, a former Russian governor and deputy prime minister, who became a prominent opposition figure in the early 2000s, was gunned down in central Moscow on February 27. The assassination triggered worldwide condemnation and calls for swift investigation.

The politician was killed on a bridge over the Moscow River near the Kremlin as he was returning home with a female companion. The shooter hit Nemtsov in the back four times and fled in a getaway car.

The crime is being investigated by a joint task force, which includes the police, the FSB and the Investigative Committee.

The prime witness to the crime, Ukrainian model, Anna Duritskaya, who was accompanying Nemtsov, has since returned to Kiev. She told the media she was unable to identify the killer.

The killing happened two days ahead of an opposition rally Nemtsov helped organize. The rally was replaced with a mourning march in central Moscow, which drew tens of thousands of people.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

And now Yakov Rubinsky will step in and close the case for Putin. How convenient.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Some North Caucasians?

Maybe the Kremlin will spin this into a "he was involved with terrorists, but things went bad Doc Emmet Brown style and they went after him on a hit".  Discrediting the martyr/opposition is always a good propaganda play.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

There's unconventional, then kinky, then perverted, then downright nasty. Finally, Russia at the far end of the scale.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?