And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on March 03, 2015, 11:33:46 AM
Should we murder 12 million? :hmm:

That is just fucking crazy, can't you be reasonable and compromise on just murdering say 4 million? Maybe 6 at the outside?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2015, 12:06:13 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 03, 2015, 11:33:46 AM
Should we murder 12 million? :hmm:

That is just fucking crazy, can't you be reasonable and compromise on just murdering say 4 million? Maybe 6 at the outside?

6 million and we'll kick in some ball bearings.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Well, authorities are investigating in all directions:

http://tass.ru/en/russia/780841

Quote[...]

"Versions are still the same: this was probably a provocation aimed at destabilizing the political situation in the country," Markin said. "A version linked to an Islamic-extremist trace is also being worked on."

"The possible relation to the Ukrainian events is considered among others. There are radical persons not obeying any authorities among both conflicting sides. But investigators do not rule out versions connected with Nemtsov's financial activity, personal enmity and a number of other common motives either," he said.

[...]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Not to be outdone by the American wars on nouns (terror, drugs, poverty ...), Russia declares war on colors:

http://rt.com/politics/237581-russia-revolution-experts-strategy/

QuoteSecurity experts shape Russian strategy to counter color revolutions - report

The research body with Russia's Security Council will soon present a detailed plan of action aimed at preventing forced regime changes through mass unrest, known as the "color revolutions," a popular daily reported.

The research center is headed by the Security Council's secretary Nikolai Patrushev, who was the director of Russia's Federal Security Service, the FSB, between 1999 and 2008 – during Vladimir Putin's first two presidential terms.

According to Kommersant daily, the center is in charge of evaluation and forecasting various external and internal threats that could affect the country's socio-economic development and national security.

The newspaper quoted an unnamed source close to the top law enforcement command, saying that Russian officials are taking the threat of a "color revolution" in the country more seriously, and the issue will likely be on the agenda of the nearest session of the Security Council dedicated to international relations.

The Security Council prepared a list of proposed measures that could negate the possible threat.

The daily quoted one of the experts, former security officer and now a professor at Moscow State University, Andrey Manoilo, who said the council supports a complex approach to the problem that would include measures against "network protest activities" and propaganda work against "romantic revolutionary stereotype," which attracts a lot of people in the protest movements.

"Any color revolution presents itself as a natural manifestation of the people's will, while in reality it is a chain of actions pre-planned from abroad on a very precise pattern. We can fight it only by breaking the technology chain," Manoilo told reporters.

President Vladimir Putin again addressed the dangers of color revolutions at Wednesday's session of the Interior Ministry's committee. "The extremists' actions become more complicated. We are facing attempts to use the so called 'color technologies' in organizing illegal street protests to open propaganda of hatred and strife on social networks," he said.

In November last year, Putin named color revolutions as a main tool used by forces that seek to reshape the world.

"In the modern world extremism is used as a geopolitical tool for redistribution of spheres of interest. We can see the tragic consequences of the wave of the so-called color revolutions, the shock experienced by people in the countries that went through the irresponsible experiments of hidden, or sometimes brute and direct interference with their lives," the Russian leader said.

Putin also noted in his speech that everyone advocating the freedom of assembly and expression must remember the responsibility that comes together with these rights.

However, Vladimir Putin has repeatedly stated that the fight against extremism must not turn into a campaign against dissidents. "All people have the right to suggest solutions for and approaches to current problems, and they have the right to form parties and groups, to participate in elections and fight for power," Putin told the Security Council members in November. "The most important thing is to ensure that the process of realizing citizens' political preferences is civilized and strictly within the framework of the law," he said.

And a fun little nugget from an interview with the director of NGO "Russian European Community" (Belgium), Sergei Petrosov

http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/stories/04-03-2015/129962-life_europe_russia-0/

Quote"What is it that Europe has and Russia does not have?"

"I do not see anything like this. It's all the same in shops and in the streets. Services are the same. Freedoms are the same. In the past, people wanted to move to Europe, because they could not find some beautiful things in Russia, and they could not find freedom in the first place.

Now, Russia is a lot freer than the majority of European countries. This applies to expressing one's views on various issues, expressing opinions about the government and so on."

(The gist of the interview is moving abroad as Russian is hard, the mentality, language and culture is too different, and basically people should stay in Russia. And the economy in the West is in bad shape, so there's no jobs. Also, if people go abroad, they should have to register with Russian consulates.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2015, 01:31:29 PM

Now, Russia is a lot freer than the majority of European countries. This applies to expressing one's views on various issues, expressing opinions about the government and so on."

Okay, now *that* is funny.  :D

I also liked this:

QuoteThey have big problems when it comes to employment and education, they may have conflicts with neighbors, ...

Evidently, the Russian nation echoes the issues faced by the Russian people ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I like pravda.ru, because it's one of the few outlets that gives you an impression of the Russian domestic propaganda without having to learn Russian. Sputnik, RT, ITAR-TASS are much more aimed at outside consumption and is heavily toned down from what I understand.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

It is more about what Russia does have: Russian winters.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

But no springs, clearly.

Valmy

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on March 04, 2015, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

But no springs, clearly.
:lol:

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-magazine-features-putin-being-licked-by-bear-for-women-s-day/517039.html

QuoteA magazine in central Russia has published a celebratory issue in honor of upcoming International Women's Day featuring a cover picture of President Vladimir Putin being licked by a bear.

The cover of the Most magazine, Russian for "Bridge," — which is published in Saratov and available as a PDF version online — has been released ahead of the March 8 holiday and shows a drawing of a brown-colored bear sticking out its tongue to lick a smiling Putin on his cheek.

It is accompanied by a caption that reads: "Happy March 8, girls!"

While the magazine offers no explanation on what Putin or the bear have to do with International Women's Day, Russian media have suggested that a flower depicted in the general proximity of the bear's ear shows the animal is female.

The magazine, billed as a publication "for young people in Saratov," also lists a selection of the issue's highlights on its cover, with headlines such as: " The ideal young woman — our survey," and "Saratov's best brides."

The magazine was launched recently by the youth faction of the ruling United Russia party, and is expected to be distributed free of charge around the city, local Versia news portal has reported.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Just be glad it only depicts the bear licking Putin's face.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius