And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

Having gone to war over Belgium not once, but twice, you'd half expect the British to at least feel somewhat cordial towards those scrotes.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 10, 2015, 07:01:04 AM
We love the Dutch :P

Because they conquered you peacefully back in the day?  :P

Norgy

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: derspiess on February 09, 2015, 03:01:49 PM
Honecker definitely lost.  Poor fella.  He may have even slightly changed facial expressions when the DDR fell.

Poor Honecker widow is still upset, she only has 1500 euros per month as a pension .
Poor thing this Stasi widow...   :console:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-17595526

QuoteShe also expressed irritation about her pension of 1,500 euros (£1,249; $2,000) a month from today's unified German state, calling it "outrageously small".

Another one

http://www.thelocal.de/20081203/15875

QuoteA Berlin court on Wednesday rejected a case of a widow of former officer for the Stasi, the dreaded secret police of communist East Germany, who wanted better pension benefits.

Zanza

I wonder if any other country in the world pays its ousted dictators a pension.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on February 10, 2015, 12:40:25 PM

Most of the time the dictator already looted everything so it is unnecessary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2015, 12:42:05 PM

Most of the time the dictator already looted everything so it is unnecessary.

but in this case the Russians were quicker...

Razgovory

I believe the Soviet Union did.  Khrushchev got a pension.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2015, 02:24:46 PM

I believe the Soviet Union did.  Khrushchev got a pension.

Man you are a master at obscure trivia. Strikes me as different though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 10, 2015, 07:43:05 AM
Poor Honecker widow is still upset she only has 1500 euros per month as a pension
Poor thing this Stasi widow   :console:

Better than what her friend Elena got.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 10, 2015, 02:39:15 PM
Better than what her friend Elena got.

No shit, right?  Talk about getting Direct Deposit...OF LEAD

Syt

http://rt.com/politics/231991-russia-military-armor-report/

QuoteDefense Ministry offers body armor to winners of whistleblowers' contest

The Russian military has announced a nationwide campaign, promising a set of Special Forces body armor to those who report serious violations in the forces or at defense enterprises.

The initiative was presented as a competition, as prizes would be awarded only to the authors of the most significant reports, the announcement by the Military Information Agency said Friday. The event starts on February 23 – the Russian holiday honoring "Defenders of the Fatherland" – and lasts for one month.

Participants of the competition are invited to submit information about the violation of federal laws or any norms and instructions of the lowest levels, the rights of military personnel and civilian workers and any other similar cases in the Defense Ministry, as well as in defense industry enterprises.

The organizers of the event claim that it will boost the prestige of military service and improve the nation's defense capabilities. The event would also demonstrate that any citizen can make a positive input into the development of the military forces by reporting violations and seeing that the authorities tackle them.

The participants are promised complete anonymity, but reports containing state secrets or any classified information will be removed from the competition.

The authors of the most important reports will receive a set of a military-grade body armor, ballistic eyeglasses and Kevlar gloves. All equipment is produced by Russian companies and is currently being used by Special Forces (Spetsnaz) units.

The detailed conditions of the competition will be published on the Military Information Agency's website on the day it starts, the organizers promised in their message.

"Here's your prize. You'll need it!" :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Seen this posted in EUOT. It's well, quite priceless. Dunno where it actually comes from or what they are actually discussing besides Russia taking over the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SemPHeiamBo