Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I think it's a Titanic reference. Not sure about the pose, though. :P

Syt

They seem to like those sorts of things:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I like the line about "pseudo-sophisticated innocents" in particular.  I think it describes useful idiots of all masters well.

Martinus

I like the headline accompanying the "Cameron playing bagpipes" cover - "Will Scotland follow the way of Crimea?".

These fuckers have some nerve.  :lol:

Norgy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2014, 03:10:42 AM
Today in WTF Russia? This front page:

Oh,dear. Is Adobe boycotting them too?

Martinus

Admittedly, this is apparently a weekly (sic!) tabloid. So I don't think this is a particular departure from the standard elsewhere.

Martinus

I mean, this is a sample from Poland :P

CountDeMoney

QuoteBuzzFeed revealed that state-sponsored Russian trolls maintain a Stakhanovite regime of tweeting and commenting on hostile news pieces as they spread the Kremlin's message across the web.

It does sound like a PR person's creative writing dream job, though.   :lol:  It's like writing The Onion for a government.

Quote(Hello down there in the comments, by the way. Hope the sanctions aren't hurting the pay cheques.)

Just lookink for Moose and Sqvirrel, nothink to see here.

celedhring

I think there's enough idiots going around that do it for free.

Martinus

Speaking of pay cheques, I just read that last year all Russian bureaucrats got a 20% pay raise and currently their average pay is 300% of the average pay in the private sector. Talk about a dream job.

I can't wait for this all to collapse.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 02, 2014, 09:43:03 PM
Yeah, it's not like the Russian government was overthrown in our life time.

Sure, but that was 70 years after the last time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 08:00:17 AM
QuoteBuzzFeed revealed that state-sponsored Russian trolls maintain a Stakhanovite regime of tweeting and commenting on hostile news pieces as they spread the Kremlin's message across the web.

It does sound like a PR person's creative writing dream job, though.   :lol:  It's like writing The Onion for a government.

Didn't think about it that way. I'm sending an open application for junior propaganda writer now.

CountDeMoney

"What do you think, Lou?"
"I like your story's angle, kid, but it needs more Jews.  And toss something in about the CIA."

Norgy

"Lack of black bears, shirtless leaders show European weakness, NATO-insider tells Russia Today

- Our leaders are just too cowardly to go on a bear hunt. It's probably the Jewish element that is to blame, and our lack of bears.

The source also mentions the fondness for mussels and mayonnaise in the NATO headquarters to be 'almost sickening', and that NATO in general is rather gay.

- Just look at the new secretary general, he wears a helmet when biking, for ****'s sake. And every year most member countries have to turn away thousands of youths from service because all they do is fondling the members of other squad members.

Russia's foreign office declined to comment on the revelation, but the sniggers heard tell all that needs to be told."

Tamas